Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Street racing stupidity

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 05:49 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Street racing stupidity

I was coming home from dinner and as I came off the freeway off ramp everything is normal. I get to the red light at the bottom of the ramp and wait for it to change and when it does I take off as usual. The car that was next to me was in a turn lane for the same direction, left, and I was in the far left lane that brings me out into the center lane of the 3 lanes going that direction, the other car was to my right. I stay out of that lane until I get almost to the next street which is where I turn right, I stay out of that right lane because the traffic and plow trucks have it torn to hell and full of pot holes, some of which at times are large and deep enough to destroy a Hummer even. The guy next to me feels the need to blast by me, so I get behind him to turn right so I can go home. We turn and it's two lanes each way and he gets in the right lane, which is fine and I go by and get up to the speed limit. This road isn't much better in either lanes with pot holes in the direction we're traveling, the lanes going the other way are fairly nice to a point, then there are some rough man hole covers in the left lane. Anyway, he speeds up and gets next to me and then takes off like a bat out of hell in his Eclipse. I'm cruising alone thinking what an idiot to be running like that on this POS road. We get to another red light and it's one lane to go straight which is where I'm going and he is in front of me. I figure with his last stunt trying to race me that he would hop into the right lane after he gets past the parked cars to try it again. As I suspected, he did exactly that. Since we had just past on cop hot spot at the gas station and there were none there and the road is fairly clear for a very short stretch before the next light, which is usually red. So I figure WTF and decide to play along this time. As soon as he got into the right lane I went for it, no where near full throttle since there is the light up ahead and the Stage 1 brings the boost on alot quicker, and I blew by him like he was parked. But, because of the light ahead, which I knew would be red anyway, I started braking soon after I started and had gotten a few car lengths away. When we get to the light, which was red as I knew it would be, I'm in the left lane and he is in the right. This is a fairly big intersection with shopping centers on the two opposite corners where cops love to be as well as the gas station up ahead at the split. The parking lots are blocked from view by stores right up at he corners. The way I go home is to go left at the split and the lane I'm in becomes a turn only lane in that direction just ahead, the lane he is in goes straight. Not knowing if there are any cops ahead, I'm not one to risk loosing everything[sm=badidea.gif] just to put someone in their place, behind me. He does the typical ricer revving and I see what looks like smoke coming out from under his hood.[sm=icon_rofl.gif] I figure that it is exhaust smoke though, he didn't have a tailpipe so I figure it's cut off under the car, which is what it sounded like when he was revving it. I'm just waiting for the light to turn green so I can watch this idiot go hauling a** for no reason[sm=icon_rofl.gif]. His reaction time was fairly slow, I would have killed him on the launch, but I wasn't willing to take the risk and he was very lucky that there wasn't a cop ahead in one of those parking lots like there usually is. I don't know if it was a turbo or not, I only heard his car when he revved it at the light, other than that I cannot hear over my own cars sound or the stereo which I had on at the time and it is cold and windy so my windows were up.

There are several roads in which I wouldn't let something like that go unanswered, but that particular section of that road isn't one of them. I rarely ever get the chance to have fun in an area that I would be willing to. I get alot of idiots that want to be stupid and run in heavy traffic or highly policed areas or areas where the road is trashed. I also get the ones that won't give up and cannot admit defeat and keep trying even after they just got tore apart. I had a Prelude with a fart can and big wing that was like that, I stomped him silly without downshifting out of 5th gear or going WOT, but he kept it up. I only bothered with him because we came up to a break in traffic and he kept trying even after we came into more traffic, but he couldn't get out from behind me to pass me because the other traffic was going a little slower. The only really good clean run where the guy (in a Jetta turbo with dual up turn fart tips, I believe it was a Jetta, but it definately did have a turbo, I heard it and this was back when all I had were the MSD wires, the rest was stock then) wasn't a retard was on another road that is nice condition, but is ify with police and it was little to no traffic and he knew when he was beat badly and didn't keep trying. He was even cool about it and gave me the thumbs up and I did the same.

Old 04-04-2005, 04:23 AM
casper
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Street racing stupidity

Welcome to ricers, lol!!!!!!!!!! Thats a great story.

Old 04-05-2005, 03:44 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW cool story. paragraphs, paragraphs, paragraphs!

Old 04-05-2005, 08:33 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Yeah, when I'm tired I don't have time for those pesky details.

Old 05-01-2005, 08:00 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I had another one (not an Eclipse though) try me tonight, but again I was screwed. I was leaving the light as it changed just as I always do, which means that I'm the first one to go, and as I get to around the 45 MPH speed limit the car that was next to me comes zipping by. I wasn't going to just let it go unanswered, but since I was in a higer gear and didn't downshift it was an uphill battle to do anything about it. He only got ahead by half a car, my nose was between his two doors, it was a white 4 door, which is when I started. I managed to get ahead before the next red light, but at that point it was too late because I get on the freeway to go home which was the lane that I was in, the right lane, and the ramp is right there after that light about 50 feet ahead. That sucked because now I knew they wanted to play and I wanted to show them exactly what an SRT-4 can do, but there was no way I could continue without causing a traffic problem and pissing the people behind me off by waiting and getting in the left lane and try to catch up to that car. I just went on my way as the light changed, but I did leave the light kinda hard on my way onto the freeway. This resulted in lots of wheelhop and Stage 1 has made it worse by bringing the boost on much quicker as well as allowing full boost in 1st gear. And I thought 1st gear was useless before, now it's only useful for burnouts. A friend of mine was behind the car that was behind the 4 door white car, he was going straight to go home and had seen that the car was a new Subaru Legacy.

I did have fun on the way out on the freeway earlier. There is one circle that changes freeways that I usually take between 75 and 80 MPH, but there was another car in the outside, right, lane that was moving along pretty good around that circle. I was in a decent mood so I have fun going around the circle in the inside, left, lane. I went busting by the other car, which I know is going through there pretty good, which makes me check my speed. I look down just a little to get an idea without taking my eyes off the road by seeing the direction the needle is pointing, this way when I straighten out I can check it out to see what I was doing, I let off the gas when it gets straight and coast up until it merges with the other freeway. I was doing triple digits around the circle and coasted down it 80ish by the merge which adds two lanes to that section of the freeway instead of having the two lanes merge into one. The funny thing is that even though I was going as fast around there as I was it still wanted to go faster around it, a lot faster. This is one of the many reasons why the SRT-4 is not for unexperienced drivers, it handles very well and can cause you to push it too much and too far if you don't know the car well enough and that can be very bad.

Old 05-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Vader
Champion

Haha, I used to want to put ricers in their place. Anymore, it's not worth it. This little pissant ricers have no responsibility for anything. If they wreck their hamster mobiles, they can just buy a new one fir two dollars.

I am through screwing around on the road.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:34 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

It does seem to be a never ending battle anymore. Some times you just cannot help but to teach them a lesson, they just beg to be smacked down, sometimes literally. This last one wasn't a ricer thankfully, it was just someone that caught me off guard at the best time.

Old 05-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's alwasy fun to play with their heads when I'm in my ram. it's even better when theres a hill. . .I hear their engine begin to strain as they go full throttle and not gaining any speed. I go about half throttle, spool to 20 pounds and soot them for having a wimpy car that only goes fast down hill with a tail wind

Old 05-04-2005, 09:16 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Most all of them have such little torque, especially the N/A 4 cylinders. Even most N/A V6's barely get up to 200 lbs-ft of torque with most below that. The forced induction engines usually have tons of torque, at least compared to the N/A's.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Rdizzle!

yea ricers **** me off as well....i will ocasionally race 1 on the street but usally there always at our little meet on thursdays and we tell them to go to the track (bithlo) on friday and race them there

Quick Reply: Street racing stupidity