Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
91.67%
No
0%
Maybee
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

DF NASCAR Fantasy League

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Boulee
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DF NASCAR Fantasy League

that sounds good considering half the season is over, 20 races left.

I just looked at nascar.com and evidently they alredy started a 2nd season.

How are we gonna deal with drafting the drivers?

with 6 people and 6 drivers each thats 36 drivers if nobody has the same driver.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
teir 1 top 12 drivers
teir 2 mid 12 drivers
tier 3 bottom 12 drivers.
{this info based off of pats thread}
each person drafts 2 drivers per teir.
I think this could be done in a thread. drivers listed in the first post.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we decide our drafting order (ie who drafts first, second, third, etc.)
IMO drafting order should be different for each tier. <---- = my$0.02
draft for teir 1, reverse the draft order for teir 2, teir 3 no clue

then once the list of drivers and drafting order all we do is post our picks.

I've got no suggestions as to how we decide the draft order though.

*****EDIT*******
I just had a thought....rather than saying we are drafting drivers why don't we draft the car.
reason being is situations like this last road course race at sanoma. I believe 6 cars/teams brought i substitute drivers.
or like when Dale Jr. was out for a race or two due to his burn injuries.

Old 07-01-2005, 02:08 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here is how we could determine draft order...we could have an unaffliated member of DF (someone who isnt going to play) pick a number between 1-1000. everyone who wants to play picks a number and sends it to that person and whoever is closest goes first...so on...

the other way to do it is that you dont draft, but rather you just pick a driver from each tier, privately....there is a chance of someone picking the exact same 3, but not a very good one.

chosing a car instad of a driver is a fine idea...but then again, if you have dale jr, and theyre gonna have kerry earnhart driver for a race, are you really gonna use that car?

Old 07-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT
chosing a car instad of a driver is a fine idea...but then again, if you have dale jr, and theyre gonna have kerry earnhart driver for a race, are you really gonna use that car?

actually I might sence he took the pole for the pepsi 400

so we wouldn't have a stable of six drivers, we just pick new ones before each race?

Everybody would pick 1 driver from the top 12, one from the mid 12, then 1 from the bottom twelve, based off of the official standings from nascar.com. At this point it would become a contest of who can pick the better drivers for that weeks race, not who can pick the best driver over all. (I kind of like that).

as far as entering your picks, we could use that "unaffliated member of DF" that you spoke of. Each person will PM their picks to this 3rd party 1 hour before the start of the race (or deadline could be before the start of the pre-race show). If a member fails to send in their pick then their picks from the previous week will be used.

At the point that good ol' DW yells "boogity boogity boogity, Lets Go Racing!!!" aforementioned 3rd party will post everybodies pics for all to see.

Old 07-01-2005, 04:29 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

that would work nicely...we divide the standings into 3rd, and everyone picks a car from each group...

how about we everyone PMs their pics to you, and you dont read them until the race starts? you couldnt read them, otherwise the date and time will show that, so it keeps everyone honest...is that ok with you?

5 point bonus for winning.
50 point bonus if all three are in the top 5
25 point bonus if all three are in the top 10.
10 point bonus for leading the most laps.
and points for finish are awarded by taking the number of qualified cars, and inverting the number..
if 42 cars qualify
1st-41points
2nd gets 40...
3rd gets 39..

so on,.

Old 07-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

sure what the hell. I can do that.

I will send my picks to you as proof that I made mine before the start.

I realize that the points will be dictated by the number of qualifyers.

but when driver/car pics are made are we choosing from the list of qualifyers are we choosing from the standings list?

Im thinking choices should be made based upon the standings list, from the points leader down to the person above the mathmaticaly eliminated line. (in this weeks case its drivers 1 - 45)

Old 07-01-2005, 05:31 PM
BTurk
Professional

If you guys are interested, I'm in one this year with a group of friends on yahoo.com, it's free and yahoo takes care of everything.... there is no draft really and people can run the same drivers, once you sign up here's the way it works...

Before qualifying (usually locked night before):
You pick 8 drivers 2 from an A list, 4 from a B list, and 2 from a C list. Points are awarded for qualifying as such: 10 for the pole, 5 for second, 3 for third and 1 for 4th. Any of the 8 drivers can earn you points.

After qualfying you must narrow your list down to 1 A list driver, 2 B list drivers and 1 C list driver who you will run for points in the race. You can change your picks up to 1 hour before race time. You can only run each driver 9 times for the season, although since we are starting halfway through we could put a group limit in at 6 or so. There are bonus points for leading a lap (10 pts for leading a lab, 20 for leading the most laps)and the points are then tiered based on finishing order. If you are interested I can set it up and just post the group ID# and password in this thread.

Old 07-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

would it be limited to only DF members?

thoughts on this patrick?

*****EDIT*******
Im looking into this now. Here are some links to some of the info. what do yall think?

Yahoo Fantasy Racing
http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/

Rules
http://help.yahoo.com/help/racing/rrules/index.html

Old 07-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

This looks like the way to go. Its free, they do all the math, and we are coming up on the start of their second season.
And we can start a DF only Group.

Welcome to Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Auto Racing, where you run your own fantasy team of real professional drivers.
Each week, before qualifying begins, you choose an eight-driver team from among three groupings of eligible drivers. Then, before the race, you will select four starting drivers for your team.

So, the challenge is not only to pick the best team race in and race out, but also to manage your team in a way that produces the highest possible fantasy score.

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Auto Racing is a weekly game that begins with the Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 20 and runs through the Ford 400, which is scheduled to take place on Sunday, November 20.
In addition, the season will be broken down into two halves. The first half begins with the Daytona 500 (February 20) and ends with the Tropicana 400 (July 10). The second half starts with the New England 300 (July 17) and runs through the Ford 400 (November 20).

All groups will have a score column for each half of the season, as well as a third that shows the overall score earned by your team.

You can join the game anytime between Wednesday, January 12 and Wednesday, November 16. The game is comprised of weekly contests that begin on Monday and conclude on Sunday, unless Monday racing is required to decide a real-life race winner.

The deadline to create a team for each race is 2:00 a.m. PT on the day of qualifying.

Create up to three Private Groups and personally invite only those friends or colleagues you want to join. To join someone else's Private Group, you must get the Group ID # and Password from the group founder.
If you don't have a whole group of managers ready to sign up, join one of our Fans Of Groups and compete with like-minded fantasy fans from around the world.

Managers may be a part of no more than three Private and/or Fans Of Groups at any one time.

All users--regardless of group affiliation--are tracked on the overall leaderboard.

Old 07-01-2005, 07:31 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i thought about that, and amanda and i discussed that, but i did a football league back home through yahoo, and it was a royal pain in the *** just making sure that everyone at least had a yahoo ID. this would be much easier if someone else woudl chime in...chad? matt? chase?

amanda and i are in...and with boulee, we have..3...

Old 07-02-2005, 12:35 AM
BTurk
Professional

Count me in.

Quick Reply: DF NASCAR Fantasy League