Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
91.67%
No
0%
Maybee
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

DF NASCAR Fantasy League

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 12:52 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DF NASCAR Fantasy League

ok..so we have Bturk, Boulee, BadstratRT, Dodgegirl19....how long should we wait for people?

Old 07-02-2005, 01:03 AM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im confused

but in

Old 07-02-2005, 01:17 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

what are you confused about?

Old 07-02-2005, 01:19 AM
Vader
Champion

Vader is in

Old 07-02-2005, 01:22 AM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

pretty much everything [&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]

Old 07-02-2005, 01:47 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

Bturk, Boulee, BadstratRT, Dodgegirl19, ramfan, vader...
does anyone have any idea whether we should try to go through someone like yahoo or do it ourselves?

Old 07-02-2005, 02:08 AM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

is yahoo free?

Old 07-02-2005, 03:38 AM
chud298
Record Breaker

Im in...also espn.com has one for free and they have a leauge strictly for your group...and I don't know how to explain the rest but here's the rules...Check out the FAQ for answers to some of the more frequently asked questions.

Registration
To enter, fill out the free game registration form on ESPN.com. After registering, click on the 'Create Entry' link on the game's frontpage to participate in the game. After registering, you are ready for the Stock Car Challenge. A valid user name and password will be used as an identifier to log in to game play, and to keep track of your team's score and standing. You will be able to see your team's score any time you return to the game with your user name and password.

Schedule
In the Stockcar Challenge, the 2005 NASCAR Season is divided into three segments:

Segment 1 (11 races): Daytona (Feb. 20) through Chevy American Revolution 400 (May 14)
Segment 2 (15 races): Coca Cola 600 (May 29) through Chevy Rock & Roll 400 (Sept. 10)
Segment 3 (10 races): Sylvania 300 (Sept. 18) through Ford 400 (Nov. 20)

After each of these segments, driver values will be reset and players will have to redraft a new team.

Participants CANNOT keep their driver values from one segment to another.

Assembling your Team
To assemble your team, select an individual driver from the Free Agency List by checking the box next to his name. Complete the transaction by pressing the 'Select Drivers' button at the bottom(or top) of your screen. Repeat the process until five drivers whose total market value does not exceed 100 have joined your roster. Below is an example of how the drivers will appear. Select the drivers that you think will place the highest, and click the check box in that area to select. Once you've selected all your drivers, click the "Select Drivers" button.

BALANCE SHEET
Starting: 100.0 (20.0/driver)
Spent: 94.8 (19.0/driver)
Available: 5.2 Set Roster For: Daytona International Speedway
Locks: Sunday, Feb. 20, 2:00 PM ET

AVAILABLE 2004 SEASON TOTALS VALUE
ADD DRIVER AVG QUAL AVG FIN POINTS BONUS TOTAL CURRENT CHANGE
Jimmie Johnson 10.5 12.1 4860 135 4995 25.0 --
Kurt Busch 15.0 12.5 4670 125 4795 24.4 --

Note: In order to receive points, your roster must contain 5 drivers.

Creating or Joining a Group (Optional)
You have the option to group yourself with friends, co-workers, or completely random fans by joining or creating a group. Within each group, your entry will be automatically ranked. Most of the groups in the game are public and can be joined at any time. If you want to play with a specific group of people you know, create a private group and make it only accessible to those whom you have given the group password. The creator of a group sets the group's name, motto, image, message and password (only if private). Groups can have up to 50 members and you can move your entry from one group type to the next as long as your entry hasn't earned points. All of this is easily found on the Group Directory page. There is no prize awarded for being the top entrant in your group.

Name Your Entry (Optional)
Once your select your five drivers a 'Team Name' button will appear on your Stock Car Challenge entry page. Click on the 'Team Name' button and you will be able to change your team name from there.

Changing Drivers
After completing your team, you can still change drivers each week as you set your strategy for each week's race. To alter your roster, go to the "Change Driver Roster" link and choose your replacements from the Free Agency List of available drivers. In order to add a driver, you must drop a driver from your current roster in the same transaction. All roster changes must be completed by the scheduled race start time.

Scoring
The amount of points a driver can earn in a race are based on the Nextel Cup points system. Five bonus points are also awarded to the driver who led the most laps during the race. Another five points are awarded to each driver who leads at least one lap during the race.

Free Agency
Free agency is the system for driver acquisition for the Stock Car Challenge. From the Free Agency List you can alter your team each week as you prepare for Sunday's race. Assemble your roster from the list of drivers by analyzing their 2004 season point total and corresponding market value. Remember, the maximum value (your locked value) for any completed roster cannot exceed 100. Drivers are listed in descending order of market value on the Free Agency List. All teams must carry five drivers to be complete. Teams that exceed the 100-point limit or do not field a complete roster will receive no points for the week.

Market Value
A driver's market value will change based upon performance in recent races. Here's a little hint that will increase your chances for success in the Stock Car Challenge: By selecting drivers who you think are undervalued compared to their potential performance in an upcoming race, you get the most out of your team. Like any team owner, your goal is to get the maximum performance from your roster within the 100-point limit. Remember, a driver's value (locked) remains constant at the figure at which you acquired him. Note: As the segment progresses your team's market value may exceed 100 points. This is allowable for it reflects the current driver values, not the values which you originally used to assemble your team. It is the locked value that must stay below 100 points.

Renegotiate Value
If a driver rating decreases, you can simply 'renegotiate values,' by clicking on the renegotiate value link on your entry page. This will essentially give you that driver for the new, lower rating. This service only applies to drivers with ratings lower than their locked values.

AND YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET SOME IDEAS FROM THAT...http://games.espn.go.com/content/sto...page=howtoplay

Prizes

Each Segment, prizes will be awarded to one (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) Second Prize winner, and one (1) Third Prize winner. See the Official Rules for more information.

Winners: Please make sure your membership information is accurate.

Total estimated retail value of all prizes is US$1350.00.
:13" Sharp Aquos LCD TV

The Grand prize winner will receive a 13" LCD flat panel TV. (ARV $600.00)

Features:
• Cool new flatpanel LCD screen
• Thin, lightweight, you can even hang it on your wall!
• Crystal clear display with 170 degree viewing angle

: Canon Powershot digital camera

The second overall winner will receive a digital camera. (ARV $500.00)

Features:
• One of the coolest, smallest digital cameras on the market
• 2.0 megapixels, 3x optical, 4x digital zoom
• Create 30 second Mpeg movies
: Personal Mp3 player

The third overall winner will receive an MP3 portable music player. (ARV $250.00)

Features:
• Plays MP3 and Microsoft Windows® Media (WMA) digital music
• Integrated FM Tuner
• Clock and stopwatch http://games.espn.go.com/content/sto...ry?page=prizes

and those prizes are for the top people in the website not for each group

Old 07-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

i thought about that, and amanda and i discussed that, but i did a football league back home through yahoo, and it was a royal pain in the *** just making sure that everyone at least had a yahoo ID. this would be much easier if someone else woudl chime in...chad? matt? chase?

amanda and i are in...and with boulee, we have..3...
ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

ok..so we have Bturk, Boulee, BadstratRT, Dodgegirl19....how long should we wait for people?
As far as Yahoo ID's I think they only take 5 minuts or so to get, I can help anyone through the process or flat out do it for them the give them the sign in info, all they would have to do is then change thier password.

As far as the wait, we have roughly 2 weeks before the start of the yahoo 2nd half.
The second half starts with the New England 300 (July 17)
this should give us plenty of time to get everyone organized, up to speed, and ready to go.

I'm leaning towards the Yahoo route. I started wrighting up some rules based on this thread and started a spread sheet for points.
all in all it looked like it was going to be a pain for one person to do. not to mention the possible implecations of one of the participants doing the scoring and the possiblle mistakes that could be made.

The way I see it Yahoo:
1)already has a system, rules, and scoreing in place.
2)its free
3)they provide all the record keeping
4)we can create a Dodge Forum only group

***edit***
If no one objects I will start the ball rolling on monday. I'll set myself up as the commisioner of our group and start inviting people into the group. Once I get our private group set up I'll post instructions on how to sign up for any thing thats needed and help any DF members through it.

a good place to start is if everyone that has a yahoo ID post it here.

Mine: boulee1982

~your friendly neighborhood boulee-man

Old 07-02-2005, 02:01 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

Tappy420

and whatever you think is best is fine by me!

Quick Reply: DF NASCAR Fantasy League