Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Hemi Ram vs. Silverado SS.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 02:16 AM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hemi Ram vs. Silverado SS.....

well if the dodge had 4.10 gears, do you think it would have won?

Old 09-29-2005, 10:51 PM
SHAKNBAK

Good job with the kill! That is a nearly impossible feat with the mods and setup you have. The guy must've been a crap driver. A kill is a kill, however.

Old 10-30-2005, 10:28 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

ok first of all, the silverado has 4.10 gearing. second of all, the silverado weighs less. third of all, it has awd.

dont you think if a ram had 4.10 and awd it would have won? exactly.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

RC 4x2 would have faired better.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:39 PM
QuickSilver05
Veteran

Here guys, check this out...... http://motortrend.com/roadtests/pickup/112_0310_trux/

Old 11-18-2005, 09:25 PM
clemson725
Professional

Ok, ok, ok.....Maybe i'm reading this wrong, but did you just say your 1/4mile run was 0.25 slower than your 1/8 mile run? haha.
ORIGINAL: mopartodd

The QC 4x4 should not have run the SS, that's for sure. I've tried to get SS yoyo's around here to run me and they won't. My first time at the track with my truck turned times indentical to times I've seen posted for the SS. That 1/4 mile run was also .25 seconds slower than a 1/8 run that I had earlier in the day. My truck is stock.

There is alot you can do to the chevy though. He could have had a PCM or other mods that wouldn't necessarily be detectable over your radio/stereo.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:48 AM
tamuccmike
Veteran

you guys are so fulla crap on this post...first of all peep this http://motortrend.com/roadtests/pick...ux/index5.html almost identical..if the driver is good then it should be about equal, and even if, even if, some fool in a SS pulled up next to me and somehow did smoke me id still go home knowing i had a better looking truck!

Old 12-22-2005, 04:12 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker

you guys are so fulla crap on this post...first of all peep this http://motortrend.com/roadtests/pick...ux/index5.html almost identical..if the driver is good then it should be about equal, and even if, even if, some fool in a SS pulled up next to me and somehow did smoke me id still go home knowing i had a better looking truck!
Hey, look at that, another magazine racer. Read the post before you reply to it. The MT article is an Extended cab Silverado SS AWD vs. a RC 4x2 Hemi Ram. The race I witnessed was an AWD Extrended cab Silverado SS vs. QC 4x4 Ram. You hve to add in alot of driveline loss for teh transfer case on teh Ram as well as the extra weight of the QC and associated 4 wheel drive hardware.

Way to bring up a dead thread dude!! I bet if you dig up an article on an 83 Dodge Mirada that it's probably a pretty slow car...tell that to BadSrtatRT, his is really slow too....it must be because a magazine article said it was. Why don't you come back after you raced YOUR truck against a Silverado SS and then you can talk. I don't know how many times I have seen people do this magazine racing ****. According to Car and Driver, a 2004 Mustang GT is faster than my car.....but in real life, I have never lost to one. I wonder why? Car and Driver said it was faster, how could I beat one? It must be one of lifes great mysteries.

Danny

Old 12-22-2005, 04:44 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

december 1979 car and driver...the mirada review...

Old 12-23-2005, 06:06 PM
tamuccmike
Veteran

well big mama, i wasnt refering to the times so much as i was the engine specification on the 2 trucks...plus those magazines have professional drivers, which i'm sure you arent...all i was saying is that neither one of the trucks will blow the other away...they are so similar in almost every aspect son....goodday

Quick Reply: Hemi Ram vs. Silverado SS.....