Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Hemi Ram vs. Silverado SS.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 04:49 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hemi Ram vs. Silverado SS.....

The Ram only has the weight advantage, whereas the SS has more torque and gearing as well as one less gear change to slow it down. The Ram would have the better top end due to the weight and gearing difference if it didn't have a limiter. They are close enough that the driver could easily be the difference as to which wins. But a better, closer and more accurate comparison would be the SS versus the SRT-10, since the SS is much closer in price to the SRT-10 (the SS is $12K-$13K more than the Ram as tested and there is only a $5K-$7K difference in price between the SS and the SRT-10) and that they are the top performing versions of both trucks in question.

Old 12-26-2005, 01:01 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: tamuccmike

well big mama, i wasnt refering to the times so much as i was the engine specification on the 2 trucks...plus those magazines have professional drivers, which i'm sure you arent...all i was saying is that neither one of the trucks will blow the other away...they are so similar in almost every aspect son....goodday
So, I didn't actually see the race happen with my own eyes? The SS didn't really beat teh Ram right in front of me as I watched because you read an article in a magazine that said it isn't possible? Calling me big mama doesn't change the fact that you are a magazine racer....son.

Danny

Old 12-26-2005, 01:27 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a magazine here that talks about a stratus RT killing a stage 2 srt4....mind you, the RT was an NHRA pro stock car...and so was the srt4...

Old 01-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Danny - We aren't all paper racers, but maybe this guy is...

Old 01-15-2006, 07:19 PM
paranoid1123

why is everyone compareing a chevy ss to a dodge hemi the ss is chevys top of the line truck. the hemi is not if a hemi can keep up with a ss then all that means is that chevys are sh*&ty. look at like trucks top of the line to top of the line. chevy ss vs. srt 10 vs. lighting or dodge hemi 5.7L vs. chevy 5.3L vs. ford 5.4L now here is where true comparesons should be made.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 04' single cab SLT with the 5.7L,I have a K&N cai and a flowmaster 50 hd muffler,other than that its stock.I have a friend at work with an 04/SS,we both work night shift and get on the interstate at the sane time,I put a whoopin on him on a regular basis. My truck weighes in at 4595lb at the scales at work,his extended cab is a bit over 5500.I am a better driver than him having been drag racing for three decades,so thats another advantage for me. All in all,the SS is pretty impressive,I dont just destroy him,most nights it is 2 or 3 legnths,but the again,I paid 21,800$ for mine,his was 40k.

On a funny note,When he first got his truck he told me he didnt want to run my truck,He wanted me to bring the Demon to work one night,he thought it would be closer competition,so I did: 71' Demon 340,11.25 to 1 compression,.585 lift .312 duration solid lift cam,Strip dominator intake with 850 cfm Holley,Barry grant fuel system, Msd Ignition and distributor,4.30 gears,26.5 in tall tires,727 auto with reverse valve body,10 in TCI converter.
we ran from a dead stop,how do you think this race came out?

Old 05-15-2009, 11:46 PM
blakeroberts88
Veteran

Originally Posted by Horseapples
I have an 04' single cab SLT with the 5.7L,I have a K&N cai and a flowmaster 50 hd muffler,other than that its stock.I have a friend at work with an 04/SS,we both work night shift and get on the interstate at the sane time,I put a whoopin on him on a regular basis. My truck weighes in at 4595lb at the scales at work,his extended cab is a bit over 5500.I am a better driver than him having been drag racing for three decades,so thats another advantage for me. All in all,the SS is pretty impressive,I dont just destroy him,most nights it is 2 or 3 legnths,but the again,I paid 21,800$ for mine,his was 40k.

On a funny note,When he first got his truck he told me he didnt want to run my truck,He wanted me to bring the Demon to work one night,he thought it would be closer competition,so I did: 71' Demon 340,11.25 to 1 compression,.585 lift .312 duration solid lift cam,Strip dominator intake with 850 cfm Holley,Barry grant fuel system, Msd Ignition and distributor,4.30 gears,26.5 in tall tires,727 auto with reverse valve body,10 in TCI converter.
we ran from a dead stop,how do you think this race came out?
I think he got cocky about his new stock Silverado SS and you embarrassed him.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, yep, he told me he had to look at the tach after I left to see if his truck was still running!

Quick Reply: Hemi Ram vs. Silverado SS.....