Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Another Cobalt SS Racing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 04:50 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Another Cobalt SS Racing Thread

I just got through looking at the Cobalt on Chevy's website and I found a few interesting things. First up is that the one I had seen looked as though it had a beefy dual stock exhaust, but the factory only offers 2 different exhaust styles, both of which are single outlet, so the one I had seen must have had an aftermarket exhaust on it. Second is that only the SS coupe has the supercharged 2.0L option, the SS sedan has the 2.4L ECOTEC with 171 horsepower. Third, the coupe weighs in at 2,990+ lbs. and the sedan is over 3,200 lbs. Last but not least is their "HEAD2HEAD" comparison, where your supose to be able to compare it with other cars, yet they severly limit what you can compare it to and the SRT-4 isn't one of them (Big frickin' shock there). In fact, the only Mopar they allow you to compare it to oddly enough is the Crossfire (which really isn't Chrysler) of all cars. They don't even allow it to be compared to the Neon which is in it's same class. Odd.

Old 03-25-2006, 05:05 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wouldnt let you compare it to the Neon as its no longer in production, and I do believe the Cobalt is an 06 model....so since there isnt an 06 model Neon.........

Not entirely sure and I could very well be wrong...

Old 03-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: whoosh

SS's have nothing on SRT's..any of them..

[8D]

EDIT: Pinks is a pretty cool show, I personally wouldn't do it unless I had a hugely built car and I was loaded so I could recreate it easily...
I'll race you for pinks Sinan... oh wait... lol... I have nothing to gain...

Old 03-28-2006, 03:59 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, but they only let you compare it to the Crossfire of all Mopars, which I found really odd.

Quick Reply: Another Cobalt SS Racing Thread