Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Another Cobalt SS Racing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 04:44 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Cobalt SS Racing Thread

So the short version... Cobalt SS is nothing compared to an 04 Stage 2 Skittle from a 40 mph roll.

The longer version:
Saturday night I was out cruising the famous Woodward Ave. (Michigan) with my buddies 96 GT and 01 Cobra. I had a car full including my roomie and two lady friends

The night was coming to a close and we were about to head to home when a new SS rolled up on my right and decided to embarrass himself a few times. I decided to strike first to let him see the hurt that was coming... I dropped to second at around 40 mph and bolted... a quick shift up to third and 80 mph blowing by on the meter and nothing but headlights in the rearview. I slowed and the Cobalt made his way back to my 3 o'clock position. I could barely hear the roar of the supercharger scream over the rants of the young vixens in my ride with some music playing... but as the Cobalt started to pull away again another 2nd gear down shift and pressure on the fun pedal hailed my victory once again... this happened another 4 times... I only lost once when I decided it would be funny to take my foot off the clutch and try and shift into third (okay, so that wasn't on purpose... I'm an idiot... and the grinding noise reminded me of such)...

I never got the chance to roll from a dig on this guy... I'd imagine after my tire shredding similar results... him having a nice view of my SLO NEON license plate... After a few runs he decided he had been embarrassed enough and turned off... and on towards home I went with my trusted roomie and ladies in tow...

I am assuming his car was stock... with two people in it (including driver)
My car has S2 w/toys, Mother Mopar exhaust, shorty shifter, NGK plugs/wires, BOV, and a few little other things to make my victory that much easier... i also had 4 people in my car. The Cobalt would have been more of a challenge if I were stock... but in the end, I am pretty sure the Skittle would still be victorious...

good night!! a lot of fun!!!

Old 10-17-2005, 06:02 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: Another Cobalt SS Racing Thread

i didn't race one yet, but my car has. my other half had it out one day and found one on the highway. the guy really wanted to run, was reving at him and trying to get him to go, so eventually he did. the guy took a jump and started out half a car ahead. ant downshifted and hit the gas, immedietly breaking the tires loose in 3rd (around 40mph) and scared the crap out of the ss lol. once he let off a little and got traction, he took off and shut down around 90 and was about 12 cars ahead of the ss. the guy refused to pull next to him again. i'm not even sure if he was in high boost either, i keep it on setting 1 when i drive while he likes 3, but he forgets to change it a lot.

Old 10-17-2005, 06:07 PM
wozman78
Rookie

ya know when i first got this car and didn't want to race everyone was trying to race me.now that i've had it a while and want someone to try it no one ever tries anymore! what gives??

Old 10-17-2005, 06:20 PM
chasem167
Rookie

Saw one at the track the other night... he ran low 15`s... im asuming thats stock... thats ok i missed two gears and ran a low 15 myself....

Old 10-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Gump
Record Breaker

no one ever wants to race me anymore.. i dont drive it often but when i do i like to have some fun but i usally get people that i know i can beat talking **** but then wont go.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:04 AM
`71RR383SRT4
Professional

I've only had my `05 SRT-4 for a Month and a half. It's bone stock. I've had 2 people TRY to race me and they both lost. One was a FART PIPED Honda and the other was a Nissan pick-up. They both didn't know what they were up against. They just saw Neon and well they now know what an SRT-4 is!!!! This SRT is almost as fast as my `71 Road Runner.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:38 AM
MChat
Captain

A Cobalt SS/SC w/ a good driver is good for mid 14's... possibly lower, time will tell.

As for DAB 0 vs DAB 3 on a Stage 3 car... My friend recently forgot to switch to DAB 3 at the track and ran a 12.8 on DAB 0. Not your average S3 car though. NRGY Built engine w/ race ported head & cams and ran an 11.410 on DAB 3 in non HOM mode. (Gotta luv water/methanol injection )

What's funny is I get people trying to race me all of the time, and they can't even keep up w/ me at 1/2 throttle.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:08 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain

I'd love to see an SRT4 on that Speed Channell show "Pinks"

No one wants to race because they will have a bruised ego getting trounced by a "Neon". LOL I love it!

Old 11-04-2005, 02:33 PM
chasem167
Rookie

I need satellite televsion... bleh

Old 11-04-2005, 04:09 PM
bigham
Veteran

pinks is a good show . they need to take that fat guy who keeps appearing in it off

Quick Reply: Another Cobalt SS Racing Thread