Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Killed a Ford Probe GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 03:23 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed a Ford Probe GT

I havent had my car very long and I havent really even tried to race it from a light or anything. Last night I pulled up next to some idiot in a somewhat riced out Probe GT. You could tell it was riced because of the way it sounded. He definitely had a CAI and maybe an exhaust, never really saw the rear of his car.

So it rained all day yesterday...so the ground is terribly wet and if you know FWD cars....they are horrible on wet pavement. Anyways, so we sit at the light and it turns green and I drive off pretty fast, not anything crazy, just a lil faster then normal. I wasnt trying to race or anything. We come to the next light and the guys all revving up his car and rolling back and forth at the light. I really wasn't thinking to race but I said the heck with it just as the light turned green. I floored it and switched thru the gears and by the time I hit 4th gear, mind you I really wasnt pushing the pedal to the floor, I already had a car length on him.

Now, I figured he would be done and wouldnt want to try it again. I also figured since the ground was wet, he'd probably be that stupid and think that was why he lost.

So we come to this light right before a super long strip of the street.....and he starts revving at me again.....fortunately, this light is right after a bridge....so the ground is alot dryer then other places. I just sat there doing nothing......and as the light hit green I smoked it....when I did bother look out my rear view's he was almost 2 car lengths back and I had already hit 50 in a 40. I downshifted back to 4th gear and he just flew by me.....

I pulled up along side of him at the next light and he wouldnt even look at me......my girlfriend rolled the window down and started laughing at him....

Old 10-22-2005, 05:46 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: Killed a Ford Probe GT

That sounds like a sweet kill. I haven't seen a Ford Probe in a while though.

-Matt-

Old 10-23-2005, 01:40 AM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

haha nice

Old 10-24-2005, 08:15 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

My friend had a Ford (****)Probe GT...it seemed pretty quick...but that was back in the day...when I was in High School. Good job on your kill!

Old 10-24-2005, 11:31 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

awesome kill. put that ford in its place.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:13 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

mmmmmmmmmmm dead probes.

Someone say BBQ?

Dang... all i get to race are idiots that get their parents to buy them cars. Sure, a couple actually bought and are paying off their cars... but its such a select few its un imaginable. With my very few mods i get smoked by some... better driving on my part smokes everyone else. I got competition with a kid that got a new Tibby GT cuz his parents are rich F**K nuts. Im always about a 1/2 a second to a second behind (we race on some twisty windy roads so i get a little on him from better experience on the turns).

Old 10-25-2005, 02:28 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it looks like you have an SXT? he should beat you..a manual tibby with a decent driver should be close to the 15s, if not into the 15s...some guys have gotten into the mid to low 15s with them, and your car would be NO where near that.

DR, nice kill...when i was a tech, a customer had a probe GT with headers, no cat, exhaust, a shifter, etc, and it ran pretty well...but he had a bit of money tied up into it...come to think of it, i think that his was a GTS or something...

Old 10-25-2005, 02:35 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

lol, why i have no shame in the fact that i get my butt owned. I think he slows down for me, come to think of it. Its all in the name of fun when we go at it so no regrets.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:36 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

racing is racing, and as long as you dont break (or get arrested) its always fun...what tranny do you have?

Old 10-25-2005, 05:20 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

Its an auto... I have the advantage of that he cant shift for his life

Quick Reply: Killed a Ford Probe GT