Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

I kicked some Cherokee BUTT

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 12:42 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: I kicked some Cherokee BUTT

ORIGINAL: stlbird3223

hydrashocker do you know if i could find a turbo for a 98 durango?

Ya. I know that I have seen them on E-bay for about $4600. Also try a performance shop in town.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:56 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

ORIGINAL: clemson725

Dont you mean to keep your torque converter FROM locking up? Locking up is what it does in the high gears when you're going a steady speed. Proud of you for taking out a cherokee, some do have your same engine though (5.9). Anyway i'm proud of you. If I may be funny for a second I'd like to ask you where you got your audio referencing tachometer from?
When you push the tow feature the trans has less slippage and more grab. The shift kit helps in keeping the trans locked up with less slip. Also while shifting it slams into the next gear with out the slipping of OEM. For instance I can retain the same speed in 3rd and when I shift into tow my tachometer will drop 4000 RPM's.

As for the audio referencing tachometer: I could hear the motor of the other truck with the window down. We shifted at the same time this I am positive. The difference in the shift, this what I was talking about. In just a shift I blew in front another ½ a car length. I was surprised that it made that much difference.
[sm=gears.gif]

Old 11-24-2005, 08:32 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: pirranah

you raced a f'n jeep big whoop. if your durango couldn't beat a jeep, with your mods, there's something wrong.
Don't worry man, I agree with you...

Old 11-26-2005, 02:53 PM
purdueranger
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll race your durango with my ZJ. Have you ever taken your durango to the track? Are you running P&P heads with a stock Cam?

Old 01-15-2006, 02:17 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

I didn't throw in a bigger cam because I didn't want to burn too much gas and the P&P were allowing more fuel and air into the combustion chamber. I want to do and emissions test before I throw in a cam. That way I used my brain. Besides that I've got Roller Rockers with the extra 0.1 uplift. Which if you know your cars you would know is the same thing as a cam! [sm=loser.gif] Besides that you got some interesting bolt on's but that’s it. The Fastman 50mm TB is a good addition but there is no way in HELL you are going to catch me. So take your little 318 and put it back in your garage and give it some more ***** before you try to take out a 360 with the mods and gears that will sure to eat you alive. If you wanted a fast truck with ***** and stile you should have bought a Durango. If your going to bolt on that stuff you need to break down the motor and stop being so cheap like your partner. On a last note make sure you tighten up your bolts because if you did the work they are sure to come loose.[sm=chairshot.gif][sm=coolness.gif] [sm=loser.gif]

Old 01-15-2006, 03:48 PM
purdueranger
Veteran

I bought my cam this week and went a different route and got a bigger cam than the 602, 3000 stall Viper converter and I will be running stock heads for now. stock cam in the jeep has a 205/176 .460/.460 112. my new cam has more lift and alot more exhaust duration and a tighter LSA.

Your durango weighs more than my jeep. I am just above 4100 lbs. You are at what 4600 lbs without driver? That right there if our vehicles are on the same playing field then right there you have to have in the neighborhood of 50 more HP to over come your weight. Just because i have a bolt-on 318 doesn't mean your 5.9 can take out the jeep. Are you running the stock torque converter?

Just becuase you have 1.7 RR doesn't mean the D can pull up on the top end. Wanna go from a roll or do you wanna start from a dig?

Are you running stock exhaust manifolds or do you have headers on there?

I always do my own work.

I don't street racing i always do it at the track.

Old 01-15-2006, 06:36 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Why you asking so many questions. Your like my wife.

Yes I like and run the OEM manifolds. They don't have as much Hp but they have more torque. Since I tow I like bottom end torque. That's why I went to a 5.9L with 392 gears. Now then, nice to see you got your cam. But now you got to install it. So have fun with that.[sm=coolness.gif] Next like I said I want more control and I want to pass emissions. MP PCM_Why did you do that. You should know if you plan on doing internal work on your motor that wont do, so I hope you like losing your money on it. If your going to do that you build your motor first then do a custom tune. Buy the way have fun with your cam. Hope your PMC runs it and your Emissions, Well have fun with those. Your going to need that extra Hp your talking about to fit your big head, not to metion your 300 pound body weight.

Second, Ya I got a stock torque converter, so what? I still have lockup mode. Not to mention, all my gears are manually pressured upped. The thing is my truck will take you on the line, and shift faster, have more torque. You might be able to catch me on the speed side, I'll give you that maybe.....but anytime you want to hook up or throw it down you can put your truck against mine I'm waiting.

P.S. I hate headers for the excessive head that hardens and breaks your wires.

Old 01-15-2006, 06:54 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

Well, good kill bro! What's with all the haters? Was there a group-buy on Hater-Aid?

Old 01-15-2006, 07:36 PM
purdueranger
Veteran

I hate people dissing Jeeps. The PI Viper converter is also a lock up unit. I have my cat converter and EGR on the jeep, plus in Indiana where I am at there is no emmisions testing. Mopar PCM does support the cam. I have had my headers on for over a year and don't have a problem with wires.

I will install my own cam with a help from a buddy. I have built a 5.0L ranger that was heads, cam and intake. I am sure I can throw in a cam. I don't weigh 300 lbs thank you very much. No one offers OBD1 tuning besides the MP PCM. After the heads and the bottle go on I will switch over to FAST or Megasquirt for a stand alone setup.

We both have transgo shift kits made from the same kit. Not sure where you got yours from but I have a couple goodies from APS that was thrown in there too. We both have the same effective gear ratio since I am at 3.73 with a 29" tire are you are at 3.92 with a 31" tire.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

If you read the post's, I'm not dissing the jeeps. I'm only bragging about how fast I caught him and the shift pattern. Second I had a couple of goodies thrown in to. The whole thing was gone through twice and mega tuned for strait up power. Even Jeff at the garage who did all the work for me, (not that I can't build it myself, but I wanted a warranty) offered to strait up buy the truck for $12,500 cash. He drives a 95 Comanche. As for the wires, you will start to have problems soon. The MP PCM dose not support the head replacement, with the cam and headers, and intake. Not to mention all the other upgrades that aren't tuned in. You get the most power out of your heads if you got the motor to push it. You might not have problems with emissions but, you will with the computer running all the inputs that are out of specs. Like I said you might be able to beat me in the long run......but I'll take you off the line.

NOW SHUT UP HONEY AND GO DO THE DISHES. IM TRING TO DRINK MY BEER![sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=partyparty.gif]

Quick Reply: I kicked some Cherokee BUTT