Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Nascar Hands Gordon a Victory

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Vader
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nascar Hands Gordon a Victory

Kinda seemed like they could have gone green with 3 to go. I don't know, Nascar aggrivates me sometimes.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:13 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nascar Hands Gordon a Victory

NASCAR. [sm=smiley24.gif] Yeah they could have. The rednecks let them know they didn't appreciate Jr. not winning too. The fans couldn't show their lack of class more appropriately.

Sad but true.

By the way, how are you feeling Vader?

Old 04-27-2004, 01:45 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker

Nascar aggravates me almost every week. [sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 04-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mopartodd
The rednecks let them know they didn't appreciate Jr. not winning too. The fans couldn't show their lack of class more appropriately.
Why would you say that? I'm not a redneck and I was screaming at the TV...

Anyway... Gordon was so cocky too... 'I'm not sure if those are Pepsi cans or what out there..." You big ol' SOB... those are NOT pepsi cans... LMAO!!

Why didn't they red flag it? WHY?! Jr would have gotten the win... even restarting with 2 or 1 laps to go... Argh... NASCAR can't please everyone...

~Amanda

Old 04-27-2004, 03:49 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amanda. I think NASCAR has that new rule that they won't throw the red if they are within 5 laps.

NASCAR is truely concerned about pleasing the sponsors, the fans are #2. That and they have to take care of the favorites, and Jeffy-poo needed some help.
[sm=smiley24.gif]

Old 04-27-2004, 03:55 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Many more incidents like that and NASCAR won't have to worry about fans at all.....[:@][:'(][:@]

Old 04-28-2004, 12:16 AM
Monrozombi
Rookie

ok first i'm not a Gordon fan, nor do i bash anymore, i'm just going to say this, w/ NASCAR's new rule w/ not racing back to the caution (which i totally agree with) NASCAR tells the drivers every week that when the caution is flown the field is frozen, so if you're in front of someone and the caution is out, that is where you are scored and NASCAR should have final say, just because it was Gordon in front of JR shouldn't be any different then if Newman was in front of Stewart. Gordon didn't ask nascar to put him there, look at the tape and you'll see that, people shouldn't be booing Gordon, he didn't do anything that any other driver would have done, tried to win. If the situation was reversed JR fans would be talking so much trash about Gordon, nobody would say anything and would say JR was the man for being the best etc....but for someone to be JR, oh my god heaven forbid someone was better then JR. It makes me sad that because people put someone down because they beat the more popular driver and people become ignorant when they don't look at the facts. Like i said i am not a JR or Gordon fan, i'm a Johson fan. So it doesn't matter to me who won, because Johnson didn't, so there is nothing we can do, NASCAR has final say, like they should, they're in charge, just like any other sport, you can only bitch so far before you just have to stop and move on, sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not

Old 04-28-2004, 01:10 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Well said, however, the reality is that a large majority of NASCAR fans are Dale Jr fans as well (not me, either...Mark Martin is my old buddy) and fan popularity equals bigger bucks for the organization (NASCAR)....if NASCAR continues to use illogical rules to govern the last 5 laps of a 500 lap race, they're gonna lose fans. I lived in the HEART of NASCAR country, North Carolina, for many years...I know how those folks think....they'll start going to short track, dirt track, and local racing which is big in that area....that's how NASCAR got started, after all!!!!!![sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 04-28-2004, 01:19 AM
Redhairedcwgirl
Professional

OK! I was there, and I really would have appreciated it if NASCAR had admitted up front that they weren't sure WHO was in first place. It was announced that Jr. was in the lead and then they turned around and said that it was Gordon, not Jr. Also, there was bad weather coming in, so that played a part in it, too. So, on that decision, I am well within my redneck rights of being pissed off. I contemplated throwing my Bud Light at Jeff Gordon, but I am not one to waste good beer on a smarta*s like that. Both drivers had strong cars all day, and they ran a good race. It was the decision making process that was a little flawed. By the way, there were even some professional people, like bankers, white collar people that were throwing stuff, too. Not just us rednecks.

Old 04-28-2004, 02:35 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

I don't know ya, but I love ya already.....[sm=smiley4.gif][sm=smiley27.gif][sm=smiley4.gif]

Quick Reply: Nascar Hands Gordon a Victory