Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

WENT FARMING!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 04:15 PM
flameredsrt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WENT FARMING!!

I went farming last night(looking for a race),i ran into a new r32 volkswagon golf.Those things are really impressive to say the least.I caught him from a dig,he got the jump cause i am still trying to get use to the solid mounts,as soon as i grabbed traction i caught him,shift to second pull ahead by about a car,we raced to 4th gear by the time i let off he was about a car and a half behind...This was the first one i raced and i was quit impressed on how well it kept up.Anyone else had the joy of beating on another $30,000 car that didn't even see it coming????

MAN I LOVE THIS CAR

Old 02-15-2006, 04:48 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: WENT FARMING!!

i ran a r32 once...i was not impressed by it at all. i was driving along minding my own business when i see him come flying up behind me ready to do a ricer fly by. when he got to about my door i downshifted and floored it. i pulled on him immedietly and was ahead by about two cars when i let off. considering that he had momentum behind him i wasn't expecting to pull on him at all. i was not impressed by the performance at all. btw - this was on s2 not s3, which is why i thought it would be a much more even race considering how it started.

that's an interesting term...going farming. never heard that before.....

Old 02-15-2006, 05:30 PM
flameredsrt
Veteran

See im still stage 0 as of the moment (mama mopar doesn't want me to have stage 2),so yeah it was a pretty good race,with stage 2 it wouldn't even be a match.BigE is the one that came up with the lil "farmin"thing i thought it was pretty cool.....

Old 02-15-2006, 05:58 PM
BigE
Veteran

Good to see you won the race. But I can't take all the credit for the use of 'Farming'. My close friends have used the term for many years now. Not sure where it first came from.

man I can't wait until spring... I'll be farming every night.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:25 AM
desertfighter

I beat a $30,000 car. My friend, actually, 2 of them, have EVO 8's. My friend Scott's is silver. I beat him from a 20mph, 30mph, and 40mph bump off. The turbo on the SRT spools up quicker than that on the EVO. My friend Jarrad, however, is another story. The boy ran a 12.4 on a bad clutch and couldnt hook up till 3rd gear. Now that we replaced the clutch i def expect him to be in the 11's. We dynoed it in ATL a few months back and he had 379 to the wheels, and hasnt even messed with the ecu to tune it out.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Uh.... Farmington Hills?

Old 02-16-2006, 10:23 PM
bmansrt

R32 are awsome cars, naturally aspirated but you should kill it even stock, it will demolish you in turns though watch out hahahah

Bman

Old 02-17-2006, 05:31 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Demolish? Strong word. I think not young grasshopper. I will tell you I know absolutely nothing of the capabilities of the R32. It may very well be a fantastic handler, but I know MY car and I know MY corners and I suspect an unsuspecting R32 that wanders my way may well be served the same plate of humble pie the young man I raced throught them with in his hot rod S2000 was. He was definetley trying to lose me, but I was all over his bumper like white on rice (or in my cars case, black on rice) and every straight I'd pull up on his left side (while he was hopelessly under full throttle) to let him know his little minnow butt was Barracuda food. The SRT is so torquey and forgiving and easy to drive fast, I'd hazard a guess that if you put 2 novices in one of each on the same autocross course, the Neon would be faster sooner and only after many laps would the R32 start to show an advantage. The Neon will make anybody quick right out of the box. Sure the R32 may have advantages, but the Neons handling capability is probably beyond the average persons skill level anyway. I know I have not really pushed MY car yet, and that's even with the S2000 incident taken into consideration. He was sooooo lunch.

Old 02-17-2006, 06:21 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

considering that a stock srt has similar handling capabilities as a evo, i don't think an r32 is anything to worry about. people underestimate the handling abilities of the srt.....

Old 02-20-2006, 09:42 AM
BigE
Veteran

Just test drove a friends 2001 VR6 Golf yesterday. His car would out handle my SRT-4 with out a problem. I was shocked to say the least. His car was all stock with similar tires to our SRT-4 stock tires. Those Germans know how to set up a car to go around corners for sure.

Quick Reply: WENT FARMING!!