Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

r/t vs. eldorado

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 02:24 AM
imavirusforu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default r/t vs. eldorado

i raced this cadillac eldorado i had it off the line put top end it had me by like 5 car lengths...... it sucked. it was completely stock and i have k&n cold air intake and super 40 series flowmaster and superchip programmer... wtf. that pisses me off what kind of cheap up grades can i do to make my top end better?????? what do you think bout the situtation of a r/t losing to a gm p.o.s????

Old 02-17-2006, 04:51 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: r/t vs. eldorado

I'm thinking that the Eldorado, if it was a recent one, has a lot more hp at higher RPMs. The ETC has 300 hp at 6000 rpm, versus the R/T's 250 @ 4400, and 295 lb-ft @ 4400 versus 345 @ 3200.

Plus your Dak has more wind resistance. The CAI and Flowmaster alone don't add much power, contrary to popular belief, and who knows about the Superchips programmer.

You know what they say: Fast, Cheap, Reliable. You can have 2 of the 3.

What can you do to increase top-end? Get a set of 1.7 rockers (and check clearances). It's like getting a bigger cam, without having to crack open everything, and it's about as cheap as you can go and still make a difference. High flow cat, real 3" exhaust, blower, etc.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:27 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your also have to haul around alot more weight which is what holds back the Dakota R/T's performance and was well noted in the magazines that reviewed them.

Old 02-17-2006, 03:45 PM
imavirusforu

the weight almost the same just a few lbs off.....where would i get a set of rockers and how much?

Old 02-17-2006, 04:09 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

While there have been a few GM p.o.s......you shouldnt sleep on any of the Cadillac's....as they have been known to put out a few pretty fast models....

Old 02-17-2006, 06:44 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

Yea some of those land yachts can put out pretty good power, he has less wind resistnace and hes got so much more power, and at higher rpms. Its gonna take some more work before you can keep up with him.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:36 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

Hmmmmm...OWNED! Was my grandpa driving it? j/k I guess Dakota's aren't as fast as I think they are...[>:]

Old 02-19-2006, 03:23 AM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: YeahItsAHemi345

Hmmmmm...OWNED! Was my grandpa driving it? j/k I guess Dakota's aren't as fast as I think they are...[>:]
Ok, that is just not well thought out at all! First off, Cadillacs are far from being POS status. I think it is the only GM line where real quality and GOOD engineering are put into the final product, GMC is a distant second. Secondly, of all the Cadillacs, the Eldo was an extremely fast car with excellent aerodynamics. The R/T is one mean little package but against an Eldo, the odds are greatly stacked against it. Regardless of the outcome of this crazy matchup, the R/T is still one of the fastest trucks out there.

Quick Reply: r/t vs. eldorado