Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Raced RIPSIGUY tonight

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 02:52 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced RIPSIGUY tonight

In case you don't know my mods...here goes:
Stage 1
Custom 3" Straight Exhaust
AEM SRI
thats it...

He has an 05 Legacy 2.5GT
GTimed between 270/280whp
13.1 @ 101/102mph
4.50 0-60
1.7/1.8 60'
Boost Controller....
and an amazing driver to top it off.

Conditions:
19 degrees

So we hop on the highway and I pull next to him...65mph in 3rd gear hes about a half a car ahead of me when he starts, I start less than a second afterwards.....3rd, brought 4th to redline shifted 5th and pulled.... DEAD even before then. No one gained, no one lost an inch!

Second run, I pull back up next to him going about 60mph, drop it in 3rd and we shoot off....the back of my fender is at his nose, since I took off a bit before he did, short-shift third at 5900, shift fourth at 5700...and pull.

DEAD EVEN the entire time until about 125mph. Pretty good match for my car, I must admit that we're damn straight even, and I mean neck and neck. Its only around 120-130 that I go, since the speed limiter is set at 130 in that car....but until that point its neck and neck.

Im very impressed, very impressed. Just thought I'd share the only car thats ever given me a run for my money....

Old 02-27-2006, 01:49 AM
black4
Record Breaker
Default RE: Raced RIPSIGUY tonight

impresive but is there snow or ice on the ground with those temps.

Old 02-27-2006, 02:38 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Yeah...it was a bit slippery out but I had no problems catching traction.

Im just astounded that with so few engine modifications and over 100lbs of **** in my car we were dead even. Im proud of my little demon

Old 02-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

And I'm proud of you! Makes ya feel good don't it? Endorphines are wonderful healing things! (I actually heard about that somewhere)(the endorphine thing, not the race)
Pretty good for someone who says they drive like a grandma......Yeah like the little old lady from Pasedena!

Old 02-27-2006, 09:39 AM
FSTSRT4

Nice!!! I think our cars are so under rated. From a stop, our cars struggle due to traction issues, however, even with this weekness our cars pull very respectable 1/4 mile times. Running our cars from a roll and the SRT-4 seems to dominate.

Question, do you have any sort of aftermarket boost controller or are you running with the Mopar Stage 1 controlling the boost???

Old 02-27-2006, 01:14 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain

Ok, here is my take.

She was at my rear quarter the first run, when I heard the SRT boost kick in I hit it and we ran dead even, she stayed a car lenth behind me the whole run....up to 125mph.

The second run, I let her get up on boost, then in third she pulled me a car length, when I slammed fourth my car walked up along side the SRT4, then I made a feeble attempt to shift fifth. I think If I had hit fifth, I had enough momentum to keep going by.

It was a fun race! You did a good job, next time no roll-on's............dead stop race, OK?

By the way CM, my car is redline limited to 141mph. Any one know where there is a six speed STI trans for sale????? LOL

My car is so quiet, all I can hear is her car snorting and hissing at me, i keep hitting the revlimiter because I can't hear my car. So, I'm going to Home depot and Im getting some 4 inch dryer tubing and make that thing LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you say "ghetto" [sm=laughat.gif]

Old 02-27-2006, 02:20 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

LMFAO!!!! Theres nothing you could do to the boxer to outweigh the sound of my exhaust LOL. Dont worry....you can have your little EBC, ill get the MBC, and we'll have a few "practice runs" before anything else.

I need to physically learn how to launch, I know the logistics of it, but actually doing it, hrm, no. LOL

Old 02-27-2006, 08:12 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain

News flash CM. I ordered my Typhoon intake and my header/up-pipe combo today. I figuire I should start looking for a clutch too, it's a matter of "when" not "if". LOL

Old 02-28-2006, 01:58 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Im gonna have to hurt you, worse than I did the other night.

Time to start ordering more parts!! I gotta keep up with you!

Old 02-28-2006, 02:21 AM
black4
Record Breaker

aahhhhh so started the horsepower wars and as they say the rest is history.

Quick Reply: Raced RIPSIGUY tonight