Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

RACED SUPERCHARGED COBALT SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 09:32 PM
LXI/R/T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RACED SUPERCHARGED COBALT SS

I KNOW THIS A DODGE FORUM BUT I OWN A SEBRING SEDAN LXI WITH THE 2.7 SAME AS THE STRATUS. ON MY WAY TO WORK IN THE MORNING I WAS AT LIGHT WITH A REGAL AND I WASNT EXPECTING ANYTHING TO HAPPEN BUT HE BOOKED IT AT THE LIGHT. I BLEW BY HIM NOT THINKING MUCH OF IT BUT THEN COMING FAST UP BEHIND ME WAS A SUPERCHARGED COBALT HE BLEW BY ME. I FLOORED THE PEDAL MY CAR CHANGED GEARS QUICKLY AND TO MINE AND THE OTHER DRIVERS SURPRISED I BLEEW BY HIM THEN HE CAME BACK SWITCHING GEARS AND HEARING THE SUPERCHAGED WHINE HE CATCHED UP AND WHERE NECK AND NECK. THEN HE PASSES ME WE ARE BBOTH ON A MAIN ROAD GOIN AT LEAST 100 THEN HE TURNS ONTO THE HIGHWAY. IT WAS AWESOME RACE DIDENT THINK THE SEBRING HAD IT IN HER.

Old 05-01-2006, 02:50 AM
bigddy9
Record Breaker
Default RE: RACED SUPERCHARGED COBALT SS

So, if I understand corretly, you raced a Regal (I assume a 3.8L) and beat it, then got passed by a Cobalt SS Supercharged, then caught the Cobalt and stayed even with him until he got on the highway. Having owned a 3.8 V6 GM car, I doubt you beat the Regal, and no way did you catch, let alone stay even with a Cobalt SS. Not unless your car is modded or the Regal and Cobalt weren't racing.

Danny

Old 05-01-2006, 03:56 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd bet he beat the Regal, sure they have the 3.8 but they are heavy, but on the other hand the newer ones have a supercharged version, so who knows, maybe the guy didnt know how to drive IDK. A supercharged cobalt SS though, those things churn out 200+ hp in such a small little car. Maybe he was toying with you and you got the jump on him which caught him by suprise???? Or maybe your sebring had steriods in its gasoline. Either way, good kills.

Old 05-01-2006, 03:59 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: bigddy9

So, if I understand corretly, you raced a Regal (I assume a 3.8L) and beat it, then got passed by a Cobalt SS Supercharged, then caught the Cobalt and stayed even with him until he got on the highway. Having owned a 3.8 V6 GM car, I doubt you beat the Regal, and no way did you catch, let alone stay even with a Cobalt SS. Not unless your car is modded or the Regal and Cobalt weren't racing.

Danny
+1

For starters, that V6 3.8L isnt as slow as the Stratus Sedan...my grandmother having owned Buick for the best part of the last 20 years, I've driven several. If it was an older 90's model.....then you may have beaten it....but if it was a series II 3800.....no WAY in HELL

You wouldnt even have had a chance against the Cobalt SS unless you caught up to him after he backed off and you blew past him......

Either way, this is all b.s.

Old 05-01-2006, 04:04 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

Go lie someplace else Cracker.

Old 05-01-2006, 03:35 PM
LXI/R/T

how is it not belevable the regal was prob the 200 hp version def not the series 2 and the cobalt beat me which i knew was going to be the outcome. he prob was playen around

Old 05-01-2006, 05:57 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if it was an NA 3800, i see no reason why his car wouldnt keep up with one of those boats...those later models are only good for 15s WITH the supercharger...so if it was an NA model, he shouldnt have a problem...

Old 05-01-2006, 06:02 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

The 2nd gen 3800 motors were good for 200hp and roughly 220ftlbs torque N/A....and while I will say he could make a race of it.....blow by him not even thinking? cmon....either the guy wasnt racing....or our friend here was racing his imaginary car....either way...it sounds awfully b.s.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:46 PM
LXI/R/T

The regal was without a doubt def tryen his tires chirped as he floored it

Old 05-02-2006, 12:49 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker

Stay even with or beat the Regal? Possibly. Blow by the Regal? I doubt it. Stay even with a Cobalt SS Supercharged, no way. I owned a 2001 Grand Prix with the same 3800 Series II V-6. I know how they run.

Danny

Quick Reply: RACED SUPERCHARGED COBALT SS