Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Banning NASCAR!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 11:38 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Banning NASCAR!

super bowl 39 78125
coca cola 600 165000

so by your very poor choice of comparing factors, the coca cola 600 is more exciting than the super bowl?

actually, thats an AWFUL basis for comparison. nascar races have basically endless room, and white trash will sit just about anywhere at a nascar race, seeing as how you cant see more than 40-50% of the race at any given spot in the stands or the infield. if sporting stadiums (such as football) had stadiums that would accomodate that many people, they would be there...hell, look at michigan, osu, or psu home games...i guess that means that when PSU plays akron and draws 108,000 people, thats more exciting than the super bowl...or the smaller track nascar races...right?

ive been going to nascar races since you were in diapers..maybe literally...and ive been on a pit crew for a circle track car, and it has nothing on drag racing...as the major racing series go, nascar is among the slowest, since they are always trying to hard to slow the cars down in order to give the fan favorites an easy win. the average qualifying speed for a nascar race is slower than the average qualifying speed for a nopi race event...and they only have four cylinders...

Old 05-12-2006, 11:46 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

super bowl 39 78125
coca cola 600 165000

so by your very poor choice of comparing factors, the coca cola 600 is more exciting than the super bowl?

actually, thats an AWFUL basis for comparison. nascar races have basically endless room, and white trash will sit just about anywhere at a nascar race, seeing as how you cant see more than 40-50% of the race at any given spot in the stands or the infield. if sporting stadiums (such as football) had stadiums that would accomodate that many people, they would be there...hell, look at michigan, osu, or psu home games...i guess that means that when PSU plays akron and draws 108,000 people, thats more exciting than the super bowl...or the smaller track nascar races...right?

ive been going to nascar races since you were in diapers..maybe literally...and ive been on a pit crew for a circle track car, and it has nothing on drag racing...as the major racing series go, nascar is among the slowest, since they are always trying to hard to slow the cars down in order to give the fan favorites an easy win. the average qualifying speed for a nascar race is slower than the average qualifying speed for a nopi race event...and they only have four cylinders...
+1

I'm from a town who's history in racing dwarfs NASCAR's history and I can tell you that the NHRA does draw a lot more people then NASCAR/CART/IRL does. There is only so many seats you can line a quarter mile track with....not only because of space but because of safety concerns. The big tracks dont have this problem. The average NHRA fan sees the entire race start to finish....the average big track fan see's maybe a quarter to half the race, depending on where they sit.

Chase, NASCAR is a big draw, but your comparing apples to oranges....

EDIT: Add up all the attendance totals for the year for NHRA and compare it to NASCAR....as the NHRA runs in more states and runs a crap load of different series, from stocks to nitro...

Old 05-12-2006, 01:46 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

also, along the lines of attendance equals greatness...

n'sync and the backstreet boys were some of the highest drawing bands ever...

Old 05-12-2006, 06:33 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

Screw you all, Superbike racing, now that's whats going on. [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Actually I like Drag's because of raw power, but like road racing for the skills of cornering and shifting. I only like NASCAR when it is doing the road course.

And the whole banning because of Toyota, that is plane stupid. That just gives you more competition to route for your guy to win. Also american cars are allowed in world racing events, why can't the foreign market be in these events?

Old 05-12-2006, 07:04 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i enjoy watching the bikes drag race....thats my biggest reason behind wanting a bike..i **** around to get my car into the low 12s..where i could buy a stock 600rr, and with some practice, i could be in the 10s.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:12 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

I just got my newest motorcyclist mag this week, and has some times from 600's(Kawi, Honda, Susucki, Yamahas and teh new TRIUMPH) and 1000's. I will throw you the numbers they have in the mag when I get home.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:47 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

Work Related: We will be taking equipment up to Mid Ohio's track in Mansfield next week for a variety of races that continue on throughout the year.

American Lemans
Grand American's Rolex Sports Car series-Tuner
Honda Super Cycle Weekend
Grand Prix
AMA SuperBike Shootout....

All of these races provide for a fun weekend.

I love all of the sports mentioned so far but put me out at an oval dirt track and I'll be fine.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:46 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i used to be on a pit crew for a dirt track car, and it was alot of fun, until i got to drag racing alot..then i found that i was more comfortable behind the wheel then i was on top of the hauler...

hell, i was amanda's "Crew chief" at the norwalk CC event last year, and i was lacking in my duties...i got trashed and forgot that there were tools and such in the truck..she was racing with an extra 200lbs in the car...[:@]

Quick Reply: Banning NASCAR!