Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Banning NASCAR!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Dakota_24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banning NASCAR!

I have decided since all of the major changes nascar is making, by bringing in 'Yota, and coincidently changing to the C.O.T the same year; that I am banning Nascar all together. I wont buy anything nascar, watch anything nascar, nor talk nascar. I apologize to Jeff Gordon for doing this, and this isnt anything bad towards him, but nascar is going in a bad direction with these sudden changes. I forsee nascar going in the direction of Indy/Cart. Sure alot of you say that for 1 fan leaving; 10 will join...What the hell ever; after seeing that RICE inspired piece of crap it will be concidered a joke. So as of now; i will see you when Nascar realizes that they need to get their heads out of Japan's ####!

Old 04-30-2006, 05:41 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Banning NASCAR!

ORIGINAL: Dakota_24

I have decided since all of the major changes nascar is making, by bringing in 'Yota, and coincidently changing to the C.O.T the same year; that I am banning Nascar all together. I wont buy anything nascar, watch anything nascar, nor talk nascar. I apologize to Jeff Gordon for doing this, and this isnt anything bad towards him, but nascar is going in a bad direction with these sudden changes. I forsee nascar going in the direction of Indy/Cart. Sure alot of you say that for 1 fan leaving; 10 will join...What the hell ever; after seeing that RICE inspired piece of crap it will be concidered a joke. So as of now; i will see you when Nascar realizes that they need to get their heads out of Japan's ####!

What is it with you and bashing the Japanese? Toyota is as much American made as it is owned by Japanese companies. Guess what?! Germans own Dodge.....you gonna run out and buy a Ford now? Stop with the bashing PERIOD. It's not wanted here.

Bringing in Toyota makes alot of sense money wise, and since Toyota will only race 1 year before the Car of Tomorrow, it wont really matter. The C.O.T. makes it a level playing field FINALLY. No more different aero packages for different cars, no more unfair advantages with spoilers and nose pieces and no more of this Intrepid/Charger b.s. I agree the wing on the COT needs to go....and I think it will. That said, we're talking about cars that run on a track in circles.....its been 50 years in the making that they finally made this switch. Now people can focus more on safety and giving the people the racing they want....

You are jumping to conclusions almost 2 years in advance of when the car even debuts.....if this is the kind of fan you are....well....us other Jeff Gordon fans wont be missing you at all.....nor will the rest of the fans for other people.....

Old 04-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Dakota_24

Your answer goes to show that you dont really know much about NASCAR! Get your facts straight before you answer....The COT will debut in 07; the same year that Yota makes their debut.

Here is the link: http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/head...007/index.html
ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

What is it with you and bashing the Japanese? Toyota is as much American made as it is owned by Japanese companies. Guess what?! Germans own Dodge.....you gonna run out and buy a Ford now? Stop with the bashing PERIOD. It's not wanted here.

Bringing in Toyota makes alot of sense money wise, and since Toyota will only race 1 year before the Car of Tomorrow, it wont really matter. The C.O.T. makes it a level playing field FINALLY. No more different aero packages for different cars, no more unfair advantages with spoilers and nose pieces and no more of this Intrepid/Charger b.s. I agree the wing on the COT needs to go....and I think it will. That said, we're talking about cars that run on a track in circles.....its been 50 years in the making that they finally made this switch. Now people can focus more on safety and giving the people the racing they want....

You are jumping to conclusions almost 2 years in advance of when the car even debuts.....if this is the kind of fan you are....well....us other Jeff Gordon fans wont be missing you at all.....nor will the rest of the fans for other people.....

Old 04-30-2006, 06:00 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Good lord did you even read the article yourself?!

The COT doesnt debut fulltime until 2009. They will run it for 16 events at mostly short tracks in 07 and only 26 events in 2008. However, Toyota will be full time in NASCAR with the current cars setup for basically one year.....and like I said in my last post....IT WONT MATTER! The cars already look nothing like the cars on the street.....so what will be the big deal now? Nothing!

Old 04-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Dakota_24

THE POINT IS THEY STILL MAKE THEIR DEBUT IN 07!
ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

Good lord did you even read the article yourself?!

The COT doesnt debut fulltime until 2009. They will run it for 16 events at mostly short tracks in 07 and only 26 events in 2008. However, Toyota will be full time in NASCAR with the current cars setup for basically one year.....and like I said in my last post....IT WONT MATTER! The cars already look nothing like the cars on the street.....so what will be the big deal now? Nothing!

Old 05-01-2006, 12:42 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

The cars are "factory" in name only......NASCAR limits the body mods/engines/etc, and the rest is up to the driver, pit crew, and crew chief.....

Dusty

Old 05-01-2006, 02:08 AM
Dakota_24

no shiznit! Ive been watching nascar for 25 years, I know how it works. The cars now still have minor differences; the COT will all be the same; the only differences is the engine.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW You are really over-reacting...

Old 05-07-2006, 01:49 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

Dakota, for every fan that NASCAR loses, it gains about 1,000. Just because my Dad bought a Camry this year, I'm not going to stop going over to his house for Christmas, hell the Georgetown KY Camry plant employs thousands of Kentuckians and they pay well with great benefits. How do you feel about Major League Baseball? I will continue to watch MLB even though half of the athlete nationality is Latino. One of my favorite players is Felipe Lopez//SS REDS and I'm just a Hillbilly from KY.

I'll continue to watch NASCAR and root for my favorite drivers. My honest opinion with Toyota in NASCAR though, 3 years tops, and they will be gone just like the Pontiacs. Just a hunch.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:04 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

no shiznit! Ive been watching nascar for 25 years, I know how it works. The cars now still have minor differences; the COT will all be the same; the only differences is the engine.
Excuse me for not having a copy of your biography in front of me..........

Dusty

Quick Reply: Banning NASCAR!