Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

jesus man...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
shocker88240
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jesus man...

this section of the forum is pretty much filled with doubters and disbelievers...its pretty lame when people come post their stories and get BS flags thrown all over them immediatly.

like the guy who raced the cobalt....i think its possible...were you there to see it happen? no i dont think so. Anything couldve happened, cobalt could have a ****ty tune, a slipping clutch (that can make you slower than a moped) or maybe the kid cant drive and uses regular unleaded gas. you never know.

im just saying, this is a DODGE forum, and unless you were there watching the person race, dont call BS too soon.

as for me racing the honda with the spray, my buddy told me that the kids best time in it is a 17.1, and that was with his car stripped! i run 17.4's in 90
degree weather, and all i know is that i pulled him.

end rant

Old 05-01-2006, 09:38 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: jesus man...

i call BS on any site that i go to if its not believable...the point of this section is not to post made up stories...people called BS on your race post because you gave so little info..if you know what the guy ran, and you know that he has a 50 shot, you should know a little more about it..like what engine..what trans..etc...if you had said that it was a 4 cylinder automatic sedan with a 50 shot, no one would have called BS...

Old 05-01-2006, 09:53 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: shocker88240

this section of the forum is pretty much filled with doubters and disbelievers...its pretty lame when people come post their stories and get BS flags thrown all over them immediatly.

like the guy who raced the cobalt....i think its possible...were you there to see it happen? no i dont think so. Anything couldve happened, cobalt could have a ****ty tune, a slipping clutch (that can make you slower than a moped) or maybe the kid cant drive and uses regular unleaded gas. you never know.
For starters, I've driven a Cobalt SS/C and its almost as fast as the SRT-4....we're talking like .2 seconds slower......your telling me that he's going to hang with an SRT-4? NOT A CHANCE! I drive the VERY same car he claims to drive...only it says Stratus R/T and I have the 3.0L V6 5spd instead of Sebring JXI....on my best day stock I'm gonna see mid 15s........and the Cobalt SS/C is a 14 second car......so no...I'm calling b.s. on that fact....and the fact he ran away from a car thats basically the same stock numbers as the car he claims to drive....ok...maybe he won....but did the other guy even race? The whole story in itself is questionable.

im just saying, this is a DODGE forum, and unless you were there watching the person race, dont call BS too soon.

as for me racing the honda with the spray, my buddy told me that the kids best time in it is a 17.1, and that was with his car stripped! i run 17.4's in 90

end rant
Ok.....if this kid ran a 17.1 in an Accord....either its a REALLY OLD model 4cyl.....or you were told a line of b.s. The auto Neon runs a 17 sec 1/4 mile stock.....and I hate to say it but the Accord has more hp then the Neon. Now, it all REALLY REALLY depends on the particular year.....so you could have won....but without more info...its easy for people to see it and say....b.s.

I used to own a 2nd Gen 4.7L V8 Dakota....and they were pretty quick off the line.....but for a 4500lb truck with an extra 600lbs in it to SPANK, not beat, but SPANK on a small car with NOS? That's a stretch.....and like you said...we werent there to see it......but if I said to you that I beat a WRX in a Mini-van....you'd prolly call b.s. too....

Old 05-01-2006, 10:01 PM
LXI/R/T

lol i never sed i won oviosly i would get beaten. i sed that he passed me turning onto the highway he beat me. if i was to bs i would say i smoked him and by 1 car and the driver gave me the thumbs up lol

Old 05-01-2006, 10:12 PM
shocker88240
Professional

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

For starters, I've driven a Cobalt SS/C and its almost as fast as the SRT-4....we're talking like .2 seconds slower......your telling me that he's going to hang with an SRT-4? NOT A CHANCE! I drive the VERY same car he claims to drive...only it says Stratus R/T and I have the 3.0L V6 5spd instead of Sebring JXI....on my best day stock I'm gonna see mid 15s........and the Cobalt SS/C is a 14 second car......so no...I'm calling b.s. on that fact....and the fact he ran away from a car thats basically the same stock numbers as the car he claims to drive....ok...maybe he won....but did the other guy even race? The whole story in itself is questionable.

end rant
Ok.....if this kid ran a 17.1 in an Accord....either its a REALLY OLD model 4cyl.....or you were told a line of b.s. The auto Neon runs a 17 sec 1/4 mile stock.....and I hate to say it but the Accord has more hp then the Neon. Now, it all REALLY REALLY depends on the particular year.....so you could have won....but without more info...its easy for people to see it and say....b.s.

I used to own a 2nd Gen 4.7L V8 Dakota....and they were pretty quick off the line.....but for a 4500lb truck with an extra 600lbs in it to SPANK, not beat, but SPANK on a small car with NOS? That's a stretch.....and like you said...we werent there to see it......but if I said to you that I beat a WRX in a Mini-van....you'd prolly call b.s. too....

all im saying it that if you want more info, ASK for more info, dont just call BS everytime. Just give people the benefit of the doubt, it makes you seem alot friendlier that way, and like less of a dick.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:19 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

all im saying it that if you want more info, ASK for more info, dont just call BS everytime. Just give people the benefit of the doubt, it makes you seem alot friendlier that way, and like less of a dick.
Its your job to post the information......its not ours.....and since you posted a ricer NOS Accord vs. a very heavy and full Dakota.....of course people are going to doubt it....if I said I ran neck and neck with an SRT-4 in a Quad Cab Hemi Ram.....wouldnt you be like ummm no? Because I would.....

While we may have been harsh....you cant expect people to believe you if you dont post enough info to make your story credible. If your 5'5", people wont believe you dunked on Shaq.....yet were you to say you were 6'5"......thats alot more believable....

Old 05-01-2006, 10:22 PM
shocker88240
Professional

i wouldve posted more info, but i didnt have it at the time, after everyone started calling BS i had to call my friend and ask him the info, its good to have a buddy who knows honda's even tho he drives a 2000 neon with a GT30 turbo

Old 05-01-2006, 10:34 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ok, so what motor and body style was it? i would like to know how close it SHOULD have been..and you need to get to the track more...there is no reason that your truck wont run better.

check that first part..i saw your other post.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:06 PM
shocker88240
Professional

i ran 17.4 consistantly on 87 octane, and its an automatic, so i dont think it would do any better unless its on a cold 40 degree night

oh well, maybe i will practice my launching next time, i didnt use the 2k stall to my advantage

also, i dont think ill hit 16's at this altitude...unless i do some more mods.

trust me on the altitude thing, it makes your vehicle WAAAYYY slower.

for example, my buddies stage 3 wrx...here ran a 12.9, we went to Austin,Tx and it ran a 12.1

Old 05-01-2006, 11:15 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i understand that elevation makes a difference...i have run all over the eastern side of the country...where do you live with that much elevation?

you should try preloading...also, can you hand tune your truck to deal with the elevation?

Quick Reply: jesus man...