Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Wow! Mine vs. Focus SVT

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 03:55 AM
Deleted User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 06-26-2004, 06:20 AM
fortywillys
Professional
Default RE: Wow! Mine vs. Focus SVT

oh i'm sure it's accurate within 5 mph. as i got a tick at 83 and the speedo was at 85. and it was an 03 svt and the car was completely stock even the wheel's. It won't take my srt, but then it isn't turbo equiped either. But add the rs's turbo to the svt's all ready high 10.1 compression and it will give the srt a run for it's money. Then granted for it's price and what you get it's still more bang for your buck than the srt even without the turbo. Since with what little option's the srt has it shouldn't cost over 20,000. And my srt4 04 and 03 svt were within $1000. dollar's of each other's price.Here's a list of option's for my svt: 6spd maual (smooth shifting getrag), power mirror's , drivers seat,sunroof,front and rear window's, winter package heated seats, block heater, Traction control,Hid head lamp's 6 disc in dash changer with 10 in sub with steering wheel control's, cruise control,tilt and telescoping steering wheel, rear wiper, rear defrost and fog light's and a solid built car.And almost half is standerd equipment and it's very limited production as only 2650 zx5 svt's were made . All ya get with the srt is upgraded kicker stereo, regular neon seats, and sunroof. standard power mirror's front window's,tilt steering,rear defrost, 5spd ( ****ty shiftting getrag), fog light's and a pretty poor built car other thina the driveline. And like i said it's like compareing a bmw to a honda.Don't get me wrong i like mopar's and anything else with wheels and a powerfull motor. But the why there going in the next couple of years they will be 6th largest automaker. Since the big three now concist of GM, Toyota, and Ford. It's just that i wish any of the engineer's would build a solid complete car than just the driveline, and until they wake up they will stay the #4 automaker. I think just about every one think's the srt-4 could use a 6 spd and a 1000 more rpm, and cruise( and the comment that it ain't found on a race car dosen't work because it isn't a race car it's a performace built street car, otherwise you would have 2 less door's no a/c , sunroof, radio, rear defrost, cupholder's). But then up here ya have to drive to do most stuff.

Old 06-26-2004, 05:25 PM
RT_Driver
Professional

Your saying your ZX5 SVT hit 145? Find that hard to believe. And as far as adding a turbo to the SVT's 10.1 compression, high compression is the enemy of turbocharging. You can do that but your motor will end up in a hundred different pieces real quick.

Old 06-26-2004, 05:35 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 06-27-2004, 09:14 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As they ^ have already mentioned, a high compression engine with a turbo will make it into a puzzle after a very short period of time under WOT, it will be in many pieces. This is why all the aftermarket add-on turbocharger/supercharger kits that do not require engine rebuilding are low boost, only a few psi. If you were to add the SRT-4's 14-15 psi boost to a 10:1 engine it would equal a big boom.

The SRT-4 uses a New Venture Gear T-850 manual transaxle. I am not fond of it's reluctance to go into 1st gear sometimes, especially while downshifting, but it is far better than the POS Getrag A-555 that was in my Shelby Z's. Other than that, it's great.

When you buy a true performance vehicle, you buy it for performance and not a bunch of optional trinkets. Besides, it comes pretty loaded as is and I don't need a heavy heated seat. Now take that $1,000 difference between the SRT-4 and the SVT and buy all the stuff you need to to turbocharge and intercool it, oh I forgot, you can't with only $1,000. I can't say anything about yours, but my SRT-4's build quality and finish is great. My only real problem is from a dealer F-up when they put on the front plate bracket.

I too would like a 6th gear, but I couldn't care less about cruise control. There is a such thing as 4 door sedan race cars, the Neon ACR's were factory stripped down 2 and 4 door Neons that were street legal and could be bought by anyone. Have you ever watched Speed Channel or any SCCA events? The cruise control comment was straight from Chrysler Corperation, it was written in the instructions that came with the Mopar Performance PCM for the Shelby Z and it was in reference to the fact that this PCM may cause the cruise control to no longer function.

Quick Reply: Wow! Mine vs. Focus SVT