Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

05 hemi q/c vs 05 titan c/c

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 06:55 PM
badblackhemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 05 hemi q/c vs 05 titan c/c

i'll race a titan. haha. and yea i would never race with any of my little cousins in the truck with me. now the girlfriend on the other hand is a different story. she wont get into the truck unless the cutouts are open. and if someone wants to race, and i dont...i would never hear the end of it. haha. guess i got lucky with this one.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Daddywags
Record Breaker

Titan stories make me laugh, because they are in fact stories. I have raced 4 or 5 Titans in my 03 QC sport and walked them every time. Your friend can't drive.

Old 06-09-2006, 09:25 PM
QShip
Amateur

Sure. That's what they say about the Hemi's on the Titan forums.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:11 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how can anyone "not drive" a stock automatic truck?

i think that the real problem is that people do varying types of mods, and some, like headers and an intake make the truck run better, while others, like huge tires/rims and heavy audio/video equipment....and in a basic light to light race, its impossible to know what is done.

i have seen titans at the track, and they seem to run consistant mid 15s, stock...however, there are several guys with 2wd RC rams on this site who have gotten damn near the 14s...a friend of mine has a hemi durango, and he has run, on the track, heads up with a titan.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:18 PM
QShip
Amateur

I won't dispute that. There aren't many stock Titans running in the 14s. I agree about the mods. You just never know what the other person has. My truck looks bone stock, but it now has a Volant cai, B&B exhaust, Technosquare ecu, Detroit TruTrak and Stillen supercharger.

I'm not looking to race anyone. I just want to go to the track to make sure my money was well spent.

No wisecracks from you Hemi owners!

Old 06-10-2006, 01:11 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

hmm..i knew that stillen made stuff for the vq35s..i didnt know that they made stuff for the nissan V8s...have you had it to the track or dyno since installing, and did you have to upgrade the fuel system?

Old 06-10-2006, 09:59 PM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 2005titan

well, my neighbor got an 05 ram a couple of weeks ago and i've been trying to get him to race me but he kept saying no, then the other day i was coming home from work (we live way out in the country) i see a black dodge sitting on side of the road, so i get a little excited thne as i get closer i see that it's my friend, so i think -damn i thought iwas finally going to get to race a hemi ram. so i pull up next to him and he says he was giving his brother a ride and asked if i want to race and i say hell yeah, so his brother does the count and we go on 3 and it was over before it ever started, i just walked away from him, at about 70 i had 3 lengths on him (after 60 the titan hits its sweet spot, like the ram's shift to second gear) we run for about a mile , maybe a mile and half i'm governed at 115 and when i rode with him he could only get to about 108 or somthing, but he was slowly catching me, before he caught up we slowed down and turned into his yard, he gets out and says "i don't know how you beat me, i just bought an airaid intake and superchips programmer from the original owner" he pops the hood and shows me, he got both for 200 bucks. i say thats why you were catching me, he raised his top speed, but be fore everyone starts saying BS that the truth, i just had to tell you that not every titan gets beat by a hemi.
I have to pose these questions: is your truck 2wd or 4wd? What is his? What gear ratio do you have? What gear ratio does he have? As you can see, there are a lot of variables here. If you have 4.10's and are 2wd, I can see you beating a 4x4 QC Hemi with 3.55 gears by 3 lengths. But a 2wd Titan with 4.10's vs a 2wd Hemi 3.92 is going to be neck and neck. So would 4x4's setup the same way.

There is no reason either a Ram or Titan wins by 3 truck lengths to 70 mph. I have an 04 Ram QC 4x4, and for the first time last week, raced a CC Titan 4wd. His was completely stock, and mine just has an exhaust, CAI, and Superchips. We did 3 runs. The first 2 were from a dead stop. I lost traction on the 1st race and he beat me up to 70 - then we shut off. The 2nd from a dead stop I launched well and beat him by about 1/2 truck to 70. The 3rd run was from a 20 mph roll, and I beat him by about a truck length to around 75 or 80. The moral of the story is that without the Superchips programmer, we would have been close on all 3 races. But there is NO WAY stock vs stock (and assuming both are either 2wd or 4wd), that one truck beats the other by 3 truck lengths.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:09 AM
2005titan

my truck is 4x4, his is 2wd, and i'm not sure what his gear ratio is, mine is 3.36, his mods are an airaid intake, superchips, and flowmasters, and we both spun on the start, and i pulled away from him, i'll stop by his house tomorrow and see what gear set he has, he is also going this week to get his exhaust changed to true duals with 2 flowmasters, i tried to talk him into just going stait pipe but he said he doesn't want it too loud...but anyways, i'll see if he wants to race again, and let you know what happens, i'll try to find someone with a video camera this time[sm=gears.gif]

i forgot to list my mods sorry....airbox mod and true duals with h pipe and no mufflers...

Old 06-11-2006, 12:33 PM
QShip
Amateur

The Stillen kit comes with an upgraded fuel system and 8 more injectors. I haven't gone to the dyno since the install. I just got the truck back Friday after the TruTrak install. My goal is to be able to do it next Saturday.

The track I want to go to has open night on Wednesday. I'll have to plan that out because it's an hour a way and it's the middle of the week. I don't know how the wife and 3 sons will like that.

What I could do is take the following Thursday off. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:50 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ORIGINAL: QShip

The Stillen kit comes with an upgraded fuel system and 8 more injectors. I haven't gone to the dyno since the install. I just got the truck back Friday after the TruTrak install. My goal is to be able to do it next Saturday.

The track I want to go to has open night on Wednesday. I'll have to plan that out because it's an hour a way and it's the middle of the week. I don't know how the wife and 3 sons will like that.

What I could do is take the following Thursday off. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.
thats interesting...when you say "8 more injectors, does it somehow run a multiple injector systemlike a port fueler, or do you mean that you have to swap out the stock injectors? do you have any gauges, such as air to fuel ratio to keep an eye on things? a friend of mine a while back had a tacoma with the TRD supercharger kit, and it had an extra injector kit that prevented it from going lean...

Quick Reply: 05 hemi q/c vs 05 titan c/c