Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

05 hemi q/c vs 05 titan c/c

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 04:32 AM
2005titan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 hemi q/c vs 05 titan c/c

well, my neighbor got an 05 ram a couple of weeks ago and i've been trying to get him to race me but he kept saying no, then the other day i was coming home from work (we live way out in the country) i see a black dodge sitting on side of the road, so i get a little excited thne as i get closer i see that it's my friend, so i think -damn i thought iwas finally going to get to race a hemi ram. so i pull up next to him and he says he was giving his brother a ride and asked if i want to race and i say hell yeah, so his brother does the count and we go on 3 and it was over before it ever started, i just walked away from him, at about 70 i had 3 lengths on him (after 60 the titan hits its sweet spot, like the ram's shift to second gear) we run for about a mile , maybe a mile and half i'm governed at 115 and when i rode with him he could only get to about 108 or somthing, but he was slowly catching me, before he caught up we slowed down and turned into his yard, he gets out and says "i don't know how you beat me, i just bought an airaid intake and superchips programmer from the original owner" he pops the hood and shows me, he got both for 200 bucks. i say thats why you were catching me, he raised his top speed, but be fore everyone starts saying BS that the truth, i just had to tell you that not every titan gets beat by a hemi.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:14 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 05 hemi q/c vs 05 titan c/c

no one cares...go troll elsewhere.

great job...youre premium nissan truck can beat the dodge middle line truck...

go race one of the dodge premium trucks...

also, take your truck to the track, and get slips...there are quite a few members here who are basically stock (intake/catback) who are in the very low 15s/high 14s...and the titans that ive seen at the track were in the mid 15s stock.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:23 PM
2005titan

well, my truck isn't top of the line, it's got a few options but i got it for 26K and his is fully loaded with the laramie package, and i would got to the drag strip if it wasn't so far away...by the way i just bought a 98 dodge ram today...4x4 reg cab 318. nice truck, especially for the price..i'm not a hater by any means, i just enjoy all trucks..

Old 06-01-2006, 10:06 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

well, here is my thing with titan owners.

if i was going to buy a truck that wasnt a ram, it would be a titan...i like the square lines of them, and the power is inticing, but if im going to buy a truck for flat out performance, im going to buy an srt10...or at least a hemi RC 2wd...and i do not believe that any of the stock titans can put down similar numbers as the hemi RC 2wds...

then again, if im looking for a truck that will carry a ton of stuff, or pull a building off its footer, ill get a CTD ram..

Old 06-01-2006, 10:13 PM
SRTWILLSLAY

what is up with all the ram/titan problems any ways? the titan and ram are trucks meant for work and cargo and of course you have the power if you need it but who cares who will win in a race they werent meant for racing. who started this beef neways?

Old 06-01-2006, 10:41 PM
2005titan

i personally like the looks of the ram, not so much the 06, i like the rounded headlights of the 05, and like you, if i were to buy another truck besides my titan i would probably get a reg cab ram . as far as beef, i have none with anyone or any truck, but there is nothing wrong with having a little fun some swear buy the hemi ram others buy the titan, i know that not 100% of all kill stories are true, on certain forums the titan never looses, on others the ram is always victorious, so something has got to be a little off here, i know it depends on several factors, like driver, mods, gears ratios and other things, so i'm not here to bash anyone, but i now have a dodge ram and would like to browse this forum, not to cause any problems, just for the sake of being a truck enthusiast, i have no problem admitting when i get beat, just the other day i race a cobalt ss from about 65, he didn't pulled away from me till i shut off at 115, then we get to a light and hes behind a car in the middle lan, me in the left and no one in the right, i tell him i'll wait for him on green, so i do then he takes off on green goes into the right lane, i tried to catch him, but he starts weaving in and out of traffic like a moron with his buddy hanging out thewindow waving me on, and i'm thinking this guy is crazy to do that in his car, i damn sure ain't going to try that in my bigg a** truck, so he turns off and i tell him what he really is..a p***y, i think it would have been a good race from a dead start, but he didn't want to...oh well, i guess that counts as a loss..but anyway, the ram i bught was my father in laws, he just had new leather seats installed, a new 318 engine and had the trans rebuilt, the guys who did it said they put in some parts from a diesle trans, i don't know if thats possible, but i guess it is . why would the lie..when he got it i took i t to get exhaust put on , it has a true dual setup with dual in daul out cat, h pipe, no mufflers with 3 1/2" tips man this thing is loud....i'm looking forward to adding some modds to it soon.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:46 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

what year ram is it??

and if its quick, you could beat a slowbalt SS...not all of them are blown...and even the blown ones arent all that fast.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:03 PM
2005titan

the ram is a 98, but i raced the cobalt in my titan, and he had the sc emblems beside the cobalt emblem, not to say HE didn't put them on, but i think it was blown, oh well, i'm sure there will be another race another day......

Old 06-02-2006, 12:57 AM
QShip
Amateur

I'm with you on this one. Why is there so much hostility between Ram hemi owners and Titan owners? In my town I pass a Dodge dealership on my way home from picking up my sons. Everyday, one of the employees comes out of the parking lot with his boys and drives beside me. I don't look at them, I just keep driving. One day they did it again and they were pointing and laughing. I just looked over, smiled and gave them a thumbs up.

If he wants to race, I'll race but not with my sons in the truck. Some people.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:40 AM
2005titan

i here ya man, i wouldn't do anything like that with my daughter with me, the wife is a diffrent story, sometimes she ok with it if i do not instigate it, but if i start it she gives me the evil eye....LOL

Quick Reply: 05 hemi q/c vs 05 titan c/c