Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

My Crazy Cousin

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 12:45 PM
shadowzform
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Crazy Cousin

My crazy cousin is in another one of his bets again, but this time, he's betting his whole car that he will win a quarter-mile race against another guy in the baton rouge speedway. He's going against this older guy I went to school with who has an old model f-150 that's been modded heavily and he claims the truck will do 1/4 mile in 15.4 seconds. His f-150 car domain is here click this link I don't know whether or not he is lying because I don't keep in contact with the guy.

my crazy cousin has a 2000 maxima that he's planning on getting rid of, but didn't tell me he was willing to literally give it away. He's got a v6 automatic and can only do the 1/4 mile in around 16.05 seconds. He says its a peice of crap but he got in an argument the other day with the f150 owner and called his truck a peice of crap too. I don't know who's going to win. his maxima's car domain is click this link and not to worry, he's got it repaired since the hurricane and he says he regrets it. When looking online to figure out who is going to win according to some websites, because I'm hoping my cousin doesn't lose his car, and i came across this website that always seems to come up every-single-time i look up 1/4 mile times on google and its aggravating. So i decided to click on this link.. I think that link is a load of crap. Who else thinks so? They left that site to go to waste for many years and now it seems like they've updated it cus now i see new cars like SRT cars from dodge and so forth. But i'm still seeing a lot of cars whos 1/4 times are bs. ( For instance It said my old isuzu amigo could do 1/4 mile in 16.1 seconds which is a lie because I couldn't get taht thing to get 0-60 in 11 seconds. Lol. It took all five shifts before i could get to 30mph cus the gears were so high.) Anyway i looked and couldnt find the f150 approximate 1/4 mile time but i saw the maxima's time of 14.7 seconds. I was like HOLY SHIZZBISCUITS! Then i got to thinking, it wasnt a 2002, it was a 2000. My cousin also lost a bet to a 4.7 ram (but barely), so that definitely isn't true. I got to looking some more and this is more like his car. click this link

Who do you guys think is going to win? Do you think the f150 owner is lying through his teeth or will my cousin have to give up his maxima? I really hate it when he gets in predicaments like this....

Old 06-19-2006, 01:31 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: My Crazy Cousin

that would make for a pretty fast F150...unless its a lightning, or has been modded to resemble a lightning under the hood...it would be tough. figure that the blown F150 lightnings only got into the low 14s/high 13s stock...

is the maxima a manual or stick? i believe that they all have the 222hp V6...and run decent if well driven with an mtx.

as for those sites like the one that you listed (http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html) they site their sources, and are usually pretty accurate, but those times (which usually come from C&D or motor trend, etc) are in near perfect conditions, with a prepped track and professional drivers.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 PM
shadowzform
Veteran

as for those sites like the one that you listed (http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html) they site their sources, and are usually pretty accurate, but those times (which usually come from C&D or motor trend, etc) are in near perfect conditions, with a prepped track and professional drivers
cool i keep forgetting to check motortrend and sites like those..
and as for "is it a manual or a stick?" is that a trick question? lol. It's an automatic. Maybe my cousin screwed up his car doing something or the previous owner did, I don't know.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:55 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

whoops...lol...you know what i meant

the automatic would slow it down compared to tested numbers, which are usually with a manual, if offered.

i cant find any reported times for a stock 2000 V6 maxima from any professional sources...i have found a few that ran mid 15s with the automatic, but those are with a CAI, full exhaust and tires...

Old 06-19-2006, 02:04 PM
shadowzform
Veteran

lol i've been finding a lot of mid 15s for automatic also. I'm just giong to give up and watch for his 1/4 mile time at that raceway. If he can't reach anywhere in the 15s this time, he's never going to hear the end of it from me. He's always going around taking bold risks and now hes risking his car... [:@][sm=bangbang.gif] I don't claim him... lol

Old 06-19-2006, 02:17 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

tell him to strip the car bare inside...anything that isnt welded in should come out...a rough conversion is that every 100lbs removed will cut about 1 tenth of ET. tell him to make sure that the gas is low...when i run my cars, i keep a 5 gallon gas can with me, full, because i will run them with the gas light on. any little bit will help him...

Old 06-19-2006, 03:41 PM
shadowzform
Veteran

Lol will do, I'll even remind him he needs to take on a diet and to make sure his stomach and all other bodily tanks are empty...(lol jk), but i dont have to worry about his skull being empty. Never a dull moment around this guy. I'm thinking about loaning him money to get a quick intake system me and him are gona put on. I love intake systems, theyre the easiest things to put on your vehicle. If he doesn't pay me back it'll just be worth it seeing his car actually DO something in the 1/4 mile lol. Maybe then he will be a competition to us.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:10 AM
waylon

for a 2000 maxima se model not sure if its a 4 cyl or a 6

Obtained from C&D June, 1999
0-60: 7 Transmission: Unknown
1/4 Mile: 15.6

from car-stats.com

Old 06-20-2006, 01:50 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i think that would be a V6, but with a manual trans...figure, its a little bigger car than a stratus coupe, with a bit more power, so it would run about even with a manual RT...

Old 06-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Asgard_thor
Professional

good luck

Quick Reply: My Crazy Cousin