Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Dodge Rally

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 01:40 AM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Rally

I know there is at least one dodge car in professional rally racing.. a SRT4 Neon driven by Doug Shepherd, happens to be a friend of my dads, and they used to work together..

Are there anymore?
Does anyone know if they will be switching to the SRT4 Caliber? or SRT4 Compass?

Old 08-22-2006, 02:58 AM
waylon
Default RE: Dodge Rally

there is no factory dodge team as far as ive seen for 2006 and doug sheperd wasnt at sno drift in january....however there were 2 srt-4s and another couple neons one of which i got to see hit a nice size tree which put him out of the rally on day 2...one srt-4 was being driven extremely gingerly and the other was decent....has doug been racing this year in other events that you know of and do you know if he will be at lspr this year?

Old 09-09-2006, 04:39 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

Im not sure what Doug is up to this year, last I saw he was still racing... I can ask my dad when I go see him this next weekend

I do believe he has raced since January though..

Old 09-16-2006, 03:44 AM
waylon

ill definitely look for him up at lspr in october and if you are interested at all i have several nice shots of the '05 srt-4 from lspr last year along with a a small selection of the 1000 or so rally pics i have taken so far...you can check them out at www.darkponyproductions.com in the picture gallery...and while you are at it have doug look at them to for me

Old 09-18-2006, 11:02 PM
MoparguyWRR

here is a thread from www.specialstage.com discussing any Neon/SRT4/factory MOPAR rally prepped cars -
http://www.specialstage.com/forums/s...highlight=srt4 and if that link does not work or you need to be an active member to see the thread then here is what was determined after much discussion- (4) factory MOPAR rally cars (of which none were really 'factory' cars as they were all built and/or owned by DCX employees/engineers) were originally built - I currently own #4 below -

Dodge PVO's (now all SRT4's)
1. Doug Shepherd's (#52)/Don Jankowski's(#53)/Al Kaumeheiwa's (#530)/Henry Krolikowski's(#44) was the red car that was painted blue and white prior to Rim '03 (is my understanding from Brian Vinson)
2. Chris Whiteman's (#143) was yellow at Rim 03 then made white sold to Paul Dunn (#92)
3. Brian Vinson's (#55) rented to W.G. Giles (#620) and sold to Bruce Davis (#60)
4. Tom Young's (#133) sold to Ryan Haveman (#910) and sold to Jack Szanto

SRT4 Self Built - Updated!
5. Andrew Sutherland
6. Cary Kendall

2ND GEN
1. Sans Thompson

1ST GEN
1. Kris Marciniak
2. Brian Goss
3. Scott Comens (canada)
4. Trevor Donison -> Jay Streets
5. Adam Boullion -> Chris Greenhouse
6. Colin Bombara
7. Scott Parrott
8. Martin Matas (canada)
9. Dave Sharp (canada)
10. Jean-Paul Buffe (canada)
11. Jean-Martin Bourdages (canada)
12. Bryan Holder
13. Kevin Westly -> Tom Young -> Al Moody
14. Al Kaumeheiwa
15. Shawn (need more info / confirm - mentioned with Scott Comens)
16. Juliette (need more info / confirm)

lots of good cars out there tearing up the rally circuit and MOPAR helped put hte Neon/SRT4 on the rally map but pumping quite a bit of $$ into these cars in the early 01'/02' days..

[IMG]local://upfiles/15892/B6203145D82C4807A9ADB76911D8D801.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-27-2006, 05:14 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

I had no idea about the 1st and 2nd gens being in rally, that is kinda cool.

do you race yours?

Old 10-05-2006, 02:38 AM
waylon

in case anyone is interested...lake superior pro rally is going on oct 20-21 in houghton michigan...i see there is one srt-4 already registered and i know there would have been one very fast shadow if it hadnt blown up a few rallies before....check out the websites at rally-america.com shadowrally.com and darkponyproductions.com

Old 11-16-2006, 01:06 AM
waylon

for those 2 ppl who seem to be interested in rallying heres what i saw at the last stop up in houghton, mi 3 srt-4s two of them were the old factory cars and one looked to be a nice 05 model being campaigned by a couple guys from acr racing that were driving a talon at sno drift...also doug shepard has gotten back into the game driving his old "eclipse" which it seems is a test car for when the caliber srt comes out...his co-driver is involved very heavily in one way or another with daimler and the caliber srt so from what i gathered their eclipse is just an eclipse shell with a bunch of mopar parts in it...also saw one older neon....very entertaining weekend all together. If you are interested in pictures from the event they are at darkponyproductions.com

Old 01-26-2007, 05:53 PM
skate_or_die2008
Rookie

Can some one tell me some good sites to cheack the stats of rally drivers?

Old 01-29-2007, 01:24 AM
waylon

rally-america.com shows results etc. and also there is NASA which i dont have the website for but im sure you can find it specialstage.com which has a forum devoted to rallying around the world

Quick Reply: Dodge Rally