Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Slaughtered a Honda

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:30 AM
tyler819
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slaughtered a Honda

well hes only raced one yellow viper srt10 and beat it and that was last weekend. Hes raced 2 gt500's and got beat by one but that was before he swapped in the 2.5L from the sti, but he beat the other one pretty bad after he got the new motor. He also has alot of money and has put alot into the car, the engine is pretty much fully built with high performance parts and he is running alot of boost on a big turbo with alot of dyno tuning behind it lol. He also got the sti tranny so it can handle even more hp. There's only one car that he has ran into so far that gives him a run for his money and that is a built evo VIII that lives near us. They are pretty close but he has never ran into any car that is faster than him, expecially off the line.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:45 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work just up the street from a performance shop and the owner has an EVO VIII that built. I watched it run 12.2's when all turbo cars were way off what they should run by about 1-1.3 seconds. A good example was the stock WRX's which were running 15.8's (stock the WRX's should run 14.5-14.6) and to put this into perspective a friend of mine was one of those 15.8's WRX's and when we went to another track he ran 14.7 after the 2 hour drive to get there. In would love to have seen that EVO run there to see what it would really do.Most tracks have Subaru vs. Mitsubishi specific days, I haven't been to any though.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:42 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

71rr, did you make it to norwalk nopi this year? the AMS evo8 that has the dyno and street racing videos all over the net was there...it was sick...

i found the video that i took...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlVSqfIF0bA

its sick...street tires, drove in and out.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:11 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. I wanted to, but both health and finances were against me that weekend. I WILL get there sometime this year even if it's not for the NOPI event. One guy I know that has a white turbo intercooled 350Z said he went and it was a very poor showing on the showfield and track, but I don't know since I didn't make it.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:00 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i actually thought that there was a better turnout than last year for the race cars...but in comparison to the mopar events, the place was empty. the part that i dont like is that they now allow mustangs, firebirds, and muscle-ish cars in...they can run either pro outlaw RWD, or bracket 14/15...so next year, if they have a norwalk event, i may run the mirada and/or demon...

Quick Reply: Slaughtered a Honda