Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

q about racing autos

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 06:50 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: q about racing autos

from a stop with street tires i can break 2nd and 3rd loose, with an automatic...

Old 10-20-2006, 08:24 PM
motorider228
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha me too. The other day in my 2wd RCSB hemi ram i stood on it from a stand still and it burned into 3rd gear then stopped about a 1/4 the way up the gear. I don't get it, sometimes it will just launch without even chirping and other times they will burn like that.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:15 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: motorider228

haha me too. The other day in my 2wd RCSB hemi ram i stood on it from a stand still and it burned into 3rd gear then stopped about a 1/4 the way up the gear. I don't get it, sometimes it will just launch without even chirping and other times they will burn like that.
thats badass...

I do the same thing, sometimes i get launches like my tires are sitting in water and some launches that dont even burn. Those are the launches i can break 2nd.. i dont think ive ever did 3rd, i should try that some day.

I live right behind the Texas Motor Speedway and there is never any traffic behind it, so i take my truck out there and just let it rip.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Willis_93ES
Veteran

that launch @ horsepower was the best 1.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:41 AM
freedom

Same here It gets damn squirrely on the 1-2 shift, and on the 2-3 shift if I am spraying.... built trans though, bangs gears HARD!

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

from a stop with street tires i can break 2nd and 3rd loose, with an automatic...

Old 11-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Minion
Professional

i have the same thing happen sometimes they spin and sometimes i launch

Old 11-03-2006, 02:14 PM
User
Champion

ORIGINAL: Minion

there is just alot of things that are factored into launching. Like i said above, i get good launches and 30min burnouts sometimes lol... na but there long and somtimes look badass. Ever been going sideways wooping a pos ford?

Road Temp, Tire Temp, Tire Size, Driver, Torque ect...

Old 11-03-2006, 02:14 PM
User
Champion

ORIGINAL: Minion

there is just alot of things that are factored into launching. Like i said above, i get good launches and 30min burnouts sometimes lol... na but there long and somtimes look badass. Ever been going sideways wooping a pos ford?

Road Temp, Tire Temp, Tire Size, Driver, Torque ect...

Quick Reply: q about racing autos