Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

new best time...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 02:31 AM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new best time...

sounds awesome. one day i WILL make a trip to the mopar nats but nobody i know likes mopars and i dont think id wanna go by myself. it just wouldnt be the same witout someone to share the experience with. my dad likes mopars but he isnt into cars enough to travel more than 30 minutes to see a car show.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:31 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if youre from texas, isnt "mopars at the strip" closer? i understand that they put on one hell of a show there...

Old 11-21-2006, 04:45 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

if youre from texas, isnt "mopars at the strip" closer? i understand that they put on one hell of a show there...
im from fortworth texas. And i have never even herd of this. Where do they do this at? I live right behind the texas motor speedway i wish they would come out there and show some **** off. At the last races i saw a mopar sponserd ram when i was going to work.. i wanted to pull over and be like "i love you" but i didnt. lol.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:44 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

mopars at the strip is in vegas...

Old 11-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

lol i thought you meant it was in texas too. i dont know because of where in texas i live (southeast texas by the gulf of mexico) it might be about the same to columbus as it would be to vegas. plus its going to be a summer time trip (dont the nats take place in june or something?) and ill still be 17 so i have to have my parents permission and theres no way in hell theyll let me go to vegas.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:26 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

the nationals in columbus always fall on the weekend in august that is around the 12-13th...for instance..this year it was the 11-13, next year it will be the 10-12...so on...

Old 11-24-2006, 01:01 AM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

thats perfect. the week before school starts. i went to visit my friend in louisiana this year the week before school started and was planning on making the trip again this year but might wanna see if he wants to go half and half with me on cost for the trip. only thing i can see us having to pay for is gas, food, motel rooms, and entry fees. hit the highway set the cruise at 65 and i can get 19 mpg i dont know how far it is to columbus but i think i can make it there and back on 4-5 tanks. neither of us are picky eaters so mickyDs taco bell or gas station burritos would suit us just fine for food. well only be in the hotel room to sleep so the cheapest one we could get would work, and then bring like 200 extra each for entry fees, souveniers and w/e else we decide to do and i have a debit card and a checkbook if either of us runs out of cash or if we have any emergency expenses for beer or if god forbid, my truck breaks down. you gonna be there in the mirada right?

Old 11-24-2006, 12:00 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i do not know what we will have, but it will probably NOT be the mirada...due to PA laws, the mirada has not been on the street for a couple years now, and i dont like racing at the nationals as it is very expensive. we are hoping and planning to bring the demon, but if it not ready for some reason, we will likely have the stratus.

last year, to get amanda and myself into the event for the whole weekend WITH the stratus (non-judged show entry) it cost 65 bucks. thats about the best deal that they have going, so it would only cost you and your buddy 32.50 each for the weekend to get in. the hot spot hotels are all on brice road, as that is where all of the late night crusing goes on, but the further you stay from brice, the cheaper that it is...there are tons of cheap places to eat, and there are even some slightly nicer places than McDs where you can get a nice sit down meal for under 10 bucks a person.

Old 11-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

and that 65 included fees to get into the track? im by no means racing my truck but im talking about getting in to watch the races.

Quick Reply: new best time...