Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Ram was superior overall but lost a street race I didn't know I was in
18.18%
It was a light-to-light race and he cheated
18.18%
Guy smiling smuggly in a false sense of superiority
27.27%
Guy turning in his silverado tomorrow for a Ram
36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Who won?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 03:44 AM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who won?

So I'm on my way back from taking my girl to a nice fancy dinner in Albuquerque, NM and we're chatting as we head back. All of a sudden at a light, this white chevy silverado takes off from a stop and pulls away like he's got something to prove. My girl goes "oh, didn't know we were racing" and I replied that neither did I.
Silverado 1, Ram 0
So I make a wish that the light ahead of us will turn red, and miraculously it did. I'm not sure what this guy was thinking but I'm sure it was along the lines of "light, please turn green before this black Ram gets up here and figures out I was racing him, so my girl doesn't get embarrassed when he beats me." Unfortunately for him, Lady Luck spit in his eye. I put my jaw on the line in the right lane, him in the left, and wait. At this light, the left turn arrow goes first, and Albuquerque is known for its late light runners. Luckily, I was aware of this and a car ran OUR green light from the turn lane and shot in front of us. This didn't deter the silverado who took off as soon as the car cleared his lane, losing me precious seconds where my torque advantage would launch me out past him. I punch the gas, my date's leftovers on the dash flying into the back seat, and we got a race!
The new shifts are kicking hard and fast (like Superchips promised) and I'm finally using the full RPM range (thanks again Superchips). By the second/third shift, I've made up the two car lengths he had on me and was casting my shadow on his cab. Hit the second to last shift and just walked away, pipes wailing, drowning out his cries.
Silverado 1, Ram 1
We hit the next light again. Coward wouldn't even look at me. His girl cowered in her seat. We punched again but got caught up in traffic.
Same Score
My girl is now taunting me "best two out of three, come on!". We start approaching the third light, and I get there first and put my jaw on the line. Light turns green and this guy punches it from a roll. He just takes off, but I romp it and listen to my truck shift. I pull to within bumper distance of him and I know I got one more shift so I can take him. Last shift, Ram surges and I look like i'm gonna overtake him, he's maxxed out (and my speed limiter got bumped up to 130, thanks SC),

WHEN THE B@ST@RD CUTS ME OFF TO TAKE A TURN!

So, I leave it to you, did I win overall? Was my truck superior? Is this guy smiling smuggly at home in his recliner, thinking about the Ram he "showed who was boss"? Or is he hiding under his sheets, having nightmares of the big black ram that shattered his ego?

Old 11-04-2006, 01:57 PM
nos4fuel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who won?

the only good Chevy is a dead Chevy. You won and tomorrow I can promise you, he'll try and take you in his new 06 hahaha.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:52 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cevy<Turtle<Dodge

Old 11-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

so chevy is faster than a turtle and a turtle is faster than a dodge? lol i know what you meant.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: WingViper

So I'm on my way back from taking my girl to a nice fancy dinner in Albuquerque, NM and we're chatting as we head back. All of a sudden at a light, this white chevy silverado takes off from a stop and pulls away like he's got something to prove. My girl goes "oh, didn't know we were racing" and I replied that neither did I.
Silverado 1, Ram 0
So I make a wish that the light ahead of us will turn red, and miraculously it did. I'm not sure what this guy was thinking but I'm sure it was along the lines of "light, please turn green before this black Ram gets up here and figures out I was racing him, so my girl doesn't get embarrassed when he beats me." Unfortunately for him, Lady Luck spit in his eye. I put my jaw on the line in the right lane, him in the left, and wait. At this light, the left turn arrow goes first, and Albuquerque is known for its late light runners. Luckily, I was aware of this and a car ran OUR green light from the turn lane and shot in front of us. This didn't deter the silverado who took off as soon as the car cleared his lane, losing me precious seconds where my torque advantage would launch me out past him. I punch the gas, my date's leftovers on the dash flying into the back seat, and we got a race!
The new shifts are kicking hard and fast (like Superchips promised) and I'm finally using the full RPM range (thanks again Superchips). By the second/third shift, I've made up the two car lengths he had on me and was casting my shadow on his cab. Hit the second to last shift and just walked away, pipes wailing, drowning out his cries.
Silverado 1, Ram 1
We hit the next light again. Coward wouldn't even look at me. His girl cowered in her seat. We punched again but got caught up in traffic.
Same Score
My girl is now taunting me "best two out of three, come on!". We start approaching the third light, and I get there first and put my jaw on the line. Light turns green and this guy punches it from a roll. He just takes off, but I romp it and listen to my truck shift. I pull to within bumper distance of him and I know I got one more shift so I can take him. Last shift, Ram surges and I look like i'm gonna overtake him, he's maxxed out (and my speed limiter got bumped up to 130, thanks SC),

WHEN THE B@ST@RD CUTS ME OFF TO TAKE A TURN!

So, I leave it to you, did I win overall? Was my truck superior? Is this guy smiling smuggly at home in his recliner, thinking about the Ram he "showed who was boss"? Or is he hiding under his sheets, having nightmares of the big black ram that shattered his ego?
Nice kilL!!! Btw, when were you in Albuquerque?!?! I live in socorro (college), and I make random runs to albuquerque every now and then!

I consider you winnin that race. You got cheated out of each one...

Old 11-06-2006, 12:31 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

Hemi>tricycle>dog turd>Chebby trucks All day. Everyday.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:26 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Johndcjr1989

so chevy is faster than a turtle and a turtle is faster than a dodge? lol i know what you meant.

ORIGINAL: YeahItsAHemi345

Hemi>tricycle>dog turd>Chebby trucks All day. Everyday.
Ya thats what i ment. Damn real simple dis, and i cant even get that right... sheesh i need to go back to school and pay attention in math.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:03 AM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm stationed in Albu for another 5 months. Then off to VEGAS

Old 11-07-2006, 01:20 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

ahhhh... i like to call it "a coffee stain on the map"

you probably know why if you drive around much. Well, if you see me driving around (hard to miss) feel free to tailgate