Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

dirt road race

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dirt road race

so the other day after school me and one of my friends headed off down callahan (a long dirt road out side of town). he was driving an 02 ford ranger v6 standard with exhaust and intake. i have an 04 qc 4.7 with exhaust and intake and we were just driving around down there because we heard there was supposed to be a fight down the road but it was too cold and no one showed up. so anyways on the way back we started at the very end of the road and raced all the way back to the highway. he started about 10 trucks ahead of me but i caught him pretty quick (this wasnt a race that depends on the vehicle, its all driver because we dont see anywhere near top speed on this road). so anyways we both got up to about 70 and he was still about 10 trucks ahead of me. he started getting scared cuz we were kinda sliding around corners and slowed down so i got right up behind him but at a safe distance so that if he spun out i wouldnt be hit and followed for a while. i tried to pass everytime we went around a corner but he was blocking me pretty good. so i waited until right about at the end of the road theres this corner thats a lot sharper than it looks. were both doing about 55 and he tried just barely hitting the brakes going around the corner and drifting to the outside but it was too sharp and he started to slide and had to go too far to the outside to keep control and left me plenty of room to pass. i hit my brakes hard right before the corner and when he slid to the outside i gunned it and overtook him on the inside. he tried to make a few attempts to pass me but towards the end the road starts getting smoother with less ruts and bumps so i just sped up to about 65 and covered him pretty good so he wasnt able to pass. all in all we had a lot of fun and it was by far better than any race ive ever run. beats the hell out of light to light racing. knowing that you won a race because youre truck was faster and more powerful than the other guys is one thing. knowing that you won a race based on your driving skill and ability to control the truck at highspeeds on dangerous roads is completely different. stupid? yes but it was fun nontheless. im not going to make a habit out of it because you only get lucky so many times and it will only be a matter of time before somebody wrecks on that road and gets seriously injured. just thought id share.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:00 AM
KY Dodge KY
Default RE: dirt road race

If it would of been light to light you would of stomped him. How long did the race last? And yeah thats pretty dangerous, always keep carefull and know what the other driver is doing.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:19 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

drifting on dirt roads is... amazing. I love doing it, you can hold a drift forever.. we go camping at the lake and its dirt roads, where we camp there is a tree in the middle with a circle road around it, i was trying to drift all the way around it and keep going, kinda like dukes of hazard in the one scene where he is in the round-about. I made it half way before i got lost in dust lol.. one of these days i will do it and i will have it on film,.. one of these days..!!

Old 12-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: KY Dodge KY

If it would of been light to light you would of stomped him. How long did the race last? And yeah thats pretty dangerous, always keep carefull and know what the other driver is doing.
yeah we work together and one night leaving work we ran a light to light race. i got him by about a truck length maybe 1 1/2 truck lenghts. his is pretty quick actually. i sorta thought i might lose in the light to light race because he has about 220 hp stock in a tiny truck and its standard. i have 245 stock in a big *** truck and its an auto.

i wasnt paying too much attention to how long the race lasted. maybe 5 mintues. it seemed like longer but now that i think about how long the road is and how fast we were going it couldnt have taken longer than 5.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:42 AM
User
Champion

I use to have a auto v6 4.0 ranger and that baby turned some rubber. For a small truck thats alot of power, its like sticking a 360 in a dakota! LOL...

Old 12-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

yeah i really thought hed beat me in the light to light race. i have a big truck, little engine and he has a little truck with a big (for the size of the truck) engine.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Minion
Professional

sounds like an awesome time i doo that but on paved roads so i dont slide and i race by my self but its still fun. there is a 15 mph cornor that i take at about 40-45mph

Old 12-14-2006, 02:12 AM
User
Champion

ORIGINAL: Minion

sounds like an awesome time i doo that but on paved roads so i dont slide and i race by my self but its still fun. there is a 15 mph cornor that i take at about 40-45mph
We got some 35-45 mile turns.. that i can take at about 80-90, you got an R/T correct? If so you should be able to take then even faster with some nice tires. I had some bad kumhos on mine at the time, and i was still getting around the corners at an easy 80-85, 90 was pushing it, but with a drop and some better tires i would way 90-100 ez.

I have a video of me doing it in sights in sounds if you want to check it out.

Quick Reply: dirt road race