Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Honda's losing their touch

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 04:47 AM
moparmanjames
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honda's losing their touch

I saw a pretty fast honda at the track a while back, it was a pre rice era 1979 or 80 hatchback Civic. I wanted to go and ask the guy what he was running for an engine since this thing ran 11.6's. I never made it over to ask though.
It was a real sleeper, cheap paint job, old Honda with stock looking rims, it was pretty cool actually since it wasn't riced out and it kicked major butt until it broke after three runs!

Old 08-22-2004, 02:43 AM
intergalactic trade

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

there is a kid running at PRP who got a mid 80s CRX that had burned out. he took a turbo off of a corvair, and since it wouldnt fit, they welded it to the manifold. they then made turbo piping out of 2 inch exhaust pipe, no bends, all cut into pieces and angled with rubber sleeves. those sleeves only allow him to run somewhere in the area of 10 psi, but with no interior left, a seat they basically welded in, no radio, no heater..so on...just the stock motor, with a turbo welded in, and the rest o the exhaust welded onto the turbo, he runs 13.30s. i think thats amazing...no rice there...no fart can muffler or body it. its brutally ugly, the rims dont match...but its fast, and he has a hell of alot of fun at the track. they re-ran the wiring needed to make the engine run, and the lights work, and that was all. all the ricerboys with the body kits, and 17s...and systems..so on, are ALWAYS complaining about how this kid has an ugly car that is several seconds faster than their cars. the paint is bubbled off, and he has decals on the side windows that say "unless youre naked, stay away from my car, zippers and buttons scratch", and "fingerprints **** me off..DO NOT TOUCH". its hilarious.
that is the coolest thing I have heard in a long time!
By the way, found the worst rice product- http://www.bazooka.com/product_feature.asp?id=157&pg=2
Some of the rice sedans and coupes look good if done right, but I still can't get used to a hatchback dragster.
best rice ridiculer site I have ever seen-
http://www.riceboypage.com

Old 08-22-2004, 10:44 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I've seen that 100% ricer item before. Another one of them is the sound box that gives the ricer the sound of having a turbo by poorly simulating a blow off valve.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 08-22-2004, 07:45 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, they had those "sound boxes" on ebay and there were several bids on them. Some people are just shameless........[:'(]

Old 08-23-2004, 11:17 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll have to look for them on E Bay to see how much these sad ricers are paying for them.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Quick Reply: Honda's losing their touch