Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Honda's losing their touch

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 01:06 PM
EgoBreaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda's losing their touch

Ahhh. the once fast and hard to beat honda's are losing their edge, well when it comes to my low 12second SRT-4, that is! (HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
If anyone feels the way i do about the honda owners will understand my enjoyment of kicking honda's teeth thru their ***. Their Ego's are bigger than their honda's can back up. After killing every honda i have ever raced my friends call me the EgoBreaker. For a good reason.

Old 07-29-2004, 02:34 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Honda's losing their touch

mods??

Old 07-29-2004, 03:46 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't aware Honda had an edge other than having the aftermarket parts availablilty. Oh yeah, and a bunch of BS hype. Keep spankin their dumb, wanna be butts.

I had an encounter yesterday with one. He had an early 90's Honda something with a 75 shot, cam gears, CAI, shiny Maxwell house muffler, lowered. I just got out of my truck, see below, and this guy started in on me. How he would stomp me and do something to my dogs butt, etc. WHAT? I didn't even open my mouth.

Come to find out that his car ran a 9.7 ET 1/8 mi. [sm=lol.gif] Spraying! That's like a 15.5 sec. 1/4 mi. Come on. Later I found out that even after I left he was still running his mouth about running my Ram.

I should have given him my friend Tom's number. Tom has an 03 SRT-4 with stage 2.

Ricers. Can't live with them, can't shoot them.

Old 07-30-2004, 01:39 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

9.78 huh? stunning....[:'(] if he knows how to use his bottle correctly, he MAY be able to outrun your hemi..but i dont even know about that...his shifts would have to be very good, and the odds are, he would either over-juice at the line, and light em up..and youd pulled away, or he wouldnt bottle off the line, and his lack or torque woud put you so far ahead, he would get all worked up, over bottle, and hurt the car. * see also the first race scene in the fast and the furious...the eclipse did exactly that towards the end of the race. you should have just driven right up and over his ricer.

Old 07-30-2004, 02:58 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never knew Honduh ever had the touch.[sm=smiley36.gif]

We need to give that Honduh boy Andy's number, so he can flog them with his 9 sec., yet still looks almost 100% stock, SRT-4.[sm=smiley2.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 07-30-2004, 10:46 AM
moparturd
Banned

This guy thinks his car will run 12's. From what I've been told the guys at the track told him that it should because it ran 9.7 ET in the 1/8 th. Seems like this guy is getting laughed at at both ends. A 9.7 1/8th converts to like a 15.3 ET in the quarter. Must be some of that "ricer math", or he has another 150 shot in the trunk. Wouldn't that be entertaining?

[sm=lol.gif][sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 07-30-2004, 11:16 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

well, i know the fireturd guys say that each 100 shot cuts a second or so off their ET. so to hit 9.7s in the 1/8, and find low 12s in the 1/4, he would need more like an extra 300ish shot on top of the 75 he has already. and is this a guy you know personally? whats all of this, "he thinks" and "people say"? is he afraid to run it because itll be too fast?

Old 07-30-2004, 01:17 PM
moparturd
Banned

No. Obviously this guy is getting laughed at by quit a few people. He needs to get a real car and stop trying to act like it's fast.[sm=lol.gif]

Old 07-30-2004, 01:29 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

dont get me wrong...i have seen honduhs that ran well, but the cost is rediculous.my buddys s2000 runs well.no low 12s..but still...

boys like this that ride around with their "75 shot"are morons. quite a few of the "bottled" cars ive seen are actually just cosmetic bottles...that purge CO2 for looks.

Old 07-30-2004, 09:20 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a civic hatch all motor run 12s consisently at the track. When he would rev it you could see the engine jump under the hood. But it was not a civic engine, it was the vtec motor out of the prelude in a car that weighs a lot less. He needless to say was a pretty cool guy and his car was not ricer by any means (at least not any more than they are from the factory). On his last run he wound it up at the line and let it loose and he broke a cv joint. And not to side with the honda's, but i bet this guy didn't have that much money tied up into his car.

Quick Reply: Honda's losing their touch