Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

New best!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New best!

ORIGINAL: motorider228

I had it at in O/D off mode, not tow haul. I may be spinning but all I hear is exhaust. I don't even know where to start on making that better.
forgive me if this is a stupid question but i thought that OD off and tow/haul mode were the same things? in my dads truck it says tow/haul on the little button and in my truck it says OD off on the button so i thought they were the same thing.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:58 PM
motorider228
Champion

what year is his hemi? I know in my 06 I have O/D on,Tow haul, O/D off. I think the previous years only had Tow Haul and O/D on.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:29 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: motorider228

Thanks badstrat, you always have some good info on this stuff. I normally go out with a bunch of guys and my girlfriendso i can have someone watch to see if i'm spinning. I will just mess around with a few things when I go back out in two weeks and see if I can shorten my 60'.
yeah...if you get that 60 down, youll really get some good slips. what conversion did you use for the elevation? i used to know of a site, but i cant find it now...

Old 02-12-2007, 12:53 AM
motorider228
Champion

I used the sticky you made at the top of this section of the forum.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:27 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

haha...i laughed at myself there...i completely forgot about putting that up there.

i used to know of a link where they asked you for stuff like elevation, temp, bar. pressure, etc...but that table does provide a good idea. that table, however, wont help with the launch.

how does that hand tuner account for elevation issues?

Old 02-12-2007, 03:56 AM
motorider228
Champion

You know, I don't know for sure as I have only used it for 60' times buteverything I have read said they don'taccount for elevation. Some say they are accurate but I don't trust it. I could get a real good quarter time ifI find a steep downhill and clock myself on that, that's whyI don't trust them. You said amandas truck has some bolt ons, what all does she have? does she have a programmer on there?

Old 02-12-2007, 04:44 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

she has a 94, which is OBDI, so no programmers...we had to change the PCM, and it made a pretty noticable difference. it was like 250 bucks, i believe, and not only did it free up some power, but it also moved the auto shift point up quite a bit, so it pulls more on the top end.

its got underdrives, ac elim pulley, electric fans, MSD coil and box, fastman TB, cai, headers, stock y-pipe with high flow cat into 3 inch exhaust and a down spout. the engine from intake to oil pan is stock. trans is stock, and it has 3.92 suregrip. the only weight reduction when she ran was the tailgate was off...it weighed 4351 right off the track. the nice thing about norwalk is that as you come off the track, there is a scale in the return road, so we weighed it...

i really think that her truck has more in it, too. when she ran it, each pass was a little faster than the previous one...and she only made like 7 runs...so she was getting used to how to launch, etc. her best ET was actually one of her worst short times of the weekend...and it was a humid and fairly warm weekend. once we no longer rely on it as a daily driver, it will be getting a better trans. the high stall and tight tranny made a big difference for RM_Indy's ram...and with similar mods and more weight reduction he ran high 13s.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:08 AM
motorider228
Champion

do you guys have any more plans for her truck?

Old 02-12-2007, 01:43 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

not right now, because we got the demon...the transmission is the next big thing that is going to be done, but that will be once we have a different DD, and the demon finished up..

you didnt hear it from me, but there might be a few runs in her truck with a "purple fire extinguisher" in her truck this year...but i dont want to push it...

Old 02-12-2007, 04:39 PM
motorider228
Champion

haha purple fire extinguisher, I have never heard that one lol.