Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

88 Ramcharger roof vent seal

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 12:35 PM
danjoe01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 Ramcharger roof vent seal

I am looking for the glass roof vent seal. I am having no luck finding this seal or the tail gate seal. I can find plenty of door or window seals, but nothing else.

Thanks
Eugene

Old 07-04-2018, 12:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

LMC Truck, Classic Industries, or any other folks that cater to older vehicles would be your best bet.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:13 PM
danjoe01

I have tried LMC, ABS AutoBoday, Steele Rubber Products & multiple others and they have the door and window seals, but no roof vent seals or tailgate seal. Classic Ind. and Yearone do not carry anything for a Dodge Ramcharger. Any other suggestions?

Old 07-05-2018, 07:10 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Is the sunroof factory, or aftermarket? Any manufacturer information on it? If you can find something, go directly to the manufacturer, and see if they can help you out.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:47 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Did you look at the universal stuff Steele Rubber has? They have a lot of different kinds of seals that may not be exact but may work. I think tailgate seals fall under (universal).

Old 07-20-2018, 11:06 AM
danjoe01

The roof vent is factory installed. The Dodge P/N for each are :
Glass seal - 5209362
Roof Seal - 5209222
Tailgate - 5231926

Dodge does make these any more and so far I have not found anyone that might have them in stock. If anyone can find these or cross reference to something else that would be great! I currently looking at Steele Rubber. I will let you know if have any luck with them.

Roof vent

Old 07-20-2018, 04:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

You sure those numbers are right? For the first one, a quick search turns up a Reveal molding for a dodge omni......

Old 07-21-2018, 11:13 AM
danjoe01

You are right, these are the wrong P/N. I got these from a Dodge dealer. Sometimes you get great help, sometimes you don't.
After looking some more I did find a helpful web site, mymoparparts.com They showed the correct vent seal, 4262101, but still no luck finding one.
The web site did not show a tailgate seal, but I think I found one that might work at Steele Rubber. Thanks Moparite.
I am also looking at the RV catalog from Steele Rubber for the vent seal, but I am going to need a good sample piece to compare to the catalog. So far the old seal keeps coming apart when I try to remove it.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:17 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

I looked up the roof vent and it has three different ones, primary # 41139 71, secondary# 41139 72 and one for removable glass #25614 59. The tailgate # is 42176 60 There is a space between the last two #'s in my book if it matters.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:44 PM
David White

https://ramchargercentral.com/techni...olution-found/

WWW.PRP.COM <-- These guys are working with me to come up with replacement seals for the ones no one markets. This includes the roof hatch vent seal, the lift gate glass seal, and the triangular door vent window seals for 1987 and newer trucks/Ramchargers. They came up with a solution for the roof hatch seal and will be marketing it soon. They are also going to make a video on how to install the seal and will post the video on their youtube channel for reference.

(From Jeff Gau, PRP's Product Development Manager).. "Well I think came up with a solution. It’s an old Nissan seal, turned 90 degrees giving it a “valley” for the cover to sit in. Unfortunately it would still need to be glued in and would not be molded into a complete loop. This will allow it to be easier to glue it into the frame and to allow for any slightly variation in the size of the mating part. Good news is that this is a part we stock, so there would be no wait time."

PRP is working out the specific details on the seal (dimension, fit, etc.) and will have a new product number using this old Nissan seal. It looks to be as good or even better fit than the NOS seal I have (yes, I did manage to find a NOS roof hatch seal and no it is NOT for sale). PRP will make it available on their site as well as through their distributors. They recommend purchasing it through their distributors as they will sell it cheaper than ordering it directly through PRP (this is how they support their distributors).

Quick Reply: 88 Ramcharger roof vent seal