Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

88 ramcharger no fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 06:08 PM
Derekeh83
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I think I’ve narrowed down the problem a little bit more. First, I dropped the tank and unhooked the lines so I could remove the pump again. Gas drained out of the fuel line like it worked for a few. I then started testing my grounds and 12V to the pump. Ground is fine all the way to the pump. At first 12V was as well. This is with someone turning the key on and off for me so I can test it as soon as the key is turned on. Then I tested again and had nothing. So I tested the plug for the fuel pump housing.. nothing there either. It’s not getting 12V every time the key is turned on so I’m guessing that I have a short somewhere or something further up the line that sends the 12V isn’t working consistently. Where should I test for 12v at next?

Old 03-08-2020, 11:03 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,228 Likes on 2,978 Posts

Start where you know you have power, and start working your way back. See where you DON'T have power, problem will be just forward of that point. Might be a pinched wire somewhere.... May have to pull it out of the wrap to actually see it. Or, could just run a new wire, and call it a day.

Old 03-09-2020, 07:00 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 357 Likes on 336 Posts

At first 12V was as well. This is with someone turning the key on and off for me so I can test it as soon as the key is turned on. Then I tested again and had nothing.
Repeated attempts (turning key on and off) i have noticed that the pcm won't kick on the relay sometimes. You have to wait a moment before attempting this again. Keep in mind it only primes the system so it is only on for maybe a second or two.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:56 AM
Derekeh83
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I noticed that when I had 12V, it went away after a couple seconds. I waited about a minute in between attempts, but perhaps it wouldnt come on as you said because it was too soon.
I’m going to test again this weekend. Does the hot wire from the pump go to the relay next? Also will the fuel pump kick in without enough fuel in the tank? I put 5 gallon in it, but maybe it wasn’t enough?

Old 03-13-2020, 08:50 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,228 Likes on 2,978 Posts

Pump should run regardless of fuel level.

Quick Reply: 88 ramcharger no fuel