2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Lifting this poor dakota....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 06:11 PM
RamKota97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifting this poor dakota....

I'm looking to replace the whole front end before finding a lift kit for my truck ( 1997 dodge dakota 4x4 SLT club cab) also from what I could find is the only way to lift these dakotas was a torsion bar key kit and some blocks for the leafs, I'm only looking to get maybe 2-3 inches in lift before a body lift of any sorts. I found some load adjustable shocks I'd like to run on the front and maybe the rear. I've got about 500 saved up so far to start my journey and I'm doing all the labour myself besides getting the front end aligned after the new equipment is put on. On a side note I drive this truck daily and I take it on some trails. So whatever I do needs to be kinda tough and not jury rigged.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,210 Likes on 2,961 Posts

Then don't try and lift the truck with the shocks...... Shock mounts simply are not designed for that kind of abuse.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:20 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

Agreed. Just do the keys and blocks. These trucks are not a ram nor an old Toyota 100. You can't just drive them off a cliff and then go to work the next day.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:31 AM
RamKota97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done a little research on my ideas of turning this truck into a weekend overlander and I think I may go and try to find some V8 torsion bars and put on some aftermarket keys, them make a bastard pack from a few leaf springs out of an old Durango that's at my house. And also just so i though about maybe trying to put the trans. And transfer case off of the durango. Is the trans. And transfer case any tougher? Or would it just be a waste of my time.

Quick Reply: Lifting this poor dakota....