Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Front tow point - 1995 B2500 Van - does it have one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 07:20 AM
AmericanMuscle1989
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front tow point - 1995 B2500 Van - does it have one?

Hi all,

Does my 1995, B2500 5.2 V8 Van have a front tow point?

I can't see any tow hooks or anything like that.

Where would I wrap around/hook/shackle onto in a case of pulling another vehicle out/ being recovered myself?

If there is a point and someone has a picture that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-19-2019, 07:44 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

None that I am aware of. The van doesn't have a full frame. It is unitized construction. If you want something that you KNOW will work, gonna have to add something.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:19 AM
AmericanMuscle1989
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, what have people done in an emergency situation? Anyone? Would wrapping a tow rope around the front axle/beam work in a pinch?

Thanks

Old 07-19-2019, 08:04 PM
ElkCon
Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

There has been three times I have had to pull my van and each time was done differently.
The first time, I got stuck in the mud going off the road up here in the PA forest. It was so wet, as soon as I got on the grass, the rear wheels dug right in to the mud. I should have surveyed where I was...lol
I had a farmer with his old F250, hook a chain to the rear aftermarket hitch and he pulled my van right out of the mud.
The second time I went down a utility access dirt road and got stuck. I ended up where a spring was and the rear did the same thing - sunk right in to the mud.
A local tow truck owner cam and hooked two chains to the cross member, if I recall correctly. He was able to pull it up on to his flatbed.
The last time, I was out of luck as I got stuck in the ice and snow right off the driveway. I had to move it ASAP, but didnt have any chains or equipment.
I used my Colorado and tied a strong rope around the hitch, then I had to cut through the lower fan shroud to get the rope all away around the front bumper. Dont be tempted to used the air holds that say "no step". They will bend the bumper. I was able to pull my van into a location where I could get traction.
Each time I didnt bend anything.
I hope this helps.

Last edited by ElkCon; 07-19-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:54 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a look at where the cross member is bolted onto the frame horns. You could probably make a cardboard template and fabricate a plate that comes out from there.

Quick Reply: Front tow point - 1995 B2500 Van - does it have one?