2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 01:12 AM
DJGreco
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crank no start

99 dodge 2500 5.9 magnum engine. I bought this truck drove it for three days and one day it stopped starting. Before i bought the truck i checked the codes and it had no codes. One day i went to change the ect sensor the battery hold down and the tensioner pulley. After that the truck would not start. Then checked the codes and it threw 5 codes: tps below 5v, map below 5v, ect low volt, p0112, and p1492. After that i checked every ground and sanded them down. checked fuel pump, spark plug wires and distributor everything is fine but still no spark. so i changed my crank pos sensor and they also did not fix the problem. checked the wiring to my tps map and coil connectors and they are all not reading any volts. Please help me im so ****ing pissed that i cannot start this truck and have no idea what's going on.

Old 03-25-2024, 09:02 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,211 Likes on 2,962 Posts

is the PCM getting power? All the five volt sensor get their signal from the PCM.

Old 03-26-2024, 01:27 AM
DJGreco

Originally Posted by HeyYou
is the PCM getting power? All the five volt sensor get their signal from the PCM.
I understand that but i don't really know how to check it properly i've been trying to find a diagram of the pins on the connectors to figure out if theres a wiring issue between the connector and the 5v sensors. Thank you for replying i've been trying to reach of to multiple people but nobody has been able to help!

Old 03-26-2024, 06:37 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 352 Likes on 331 Posts

Look at the service manual here.

Old 03-26-2024, 12:28 PM
DJGreco

Originally Posted by Moparite
Look at the service manual here.
Ive been looking for the past hour what exactly am i looking for? Somebody said on one of these forums that you can't check to see if the pcm is getting power?

Old 03-26-2024, 01:18 PM
DJGreco

I'm checking all the pinouts to all the sensors that are having problems right now

Old 03-28-2024, 01:22 AM
DJGreco

I saw the 5v output that is connected to the cps, tps, map, etc is only getting .83v i was wondering maybe if their was a bad connection somewhere in the splice. But i do not know where the splice is.

Old 03-28-2024, 06:43 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

The pcm has constant 12V and an input from the ignition switch so that's at least two you can check. I seen one 5v supply so they must power them all from it. When you tested it was the ignition on? All the info is in the manual.

Old 04-29-2024, 12:19 PM
DJGreco

Originally Posted by Moparite
The pcm has constant 12V and an input from the ignition switch so that's at least two you can check. I seen one 5v supply so they must power them all from it. When you tested it was the ignition on? All the info is in the manual.
Alright sorry it took me awhile to respond i had to take a break from it but i tested the pcms voltage supply (12v) it is getting powered then i tested the 5v supply and everything works just not getting the 5v it needs i read in the service manual it was connected to the "junction block" maybe theirs a short or something their? Also to answer your question yes the ignition was on when i tested it!

Old 04-30-2024, 06:43 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

Is the fuel pump priming when you turn the key to on? Is the asd relay working?

Quick Reply: crank no start