3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Swap chassis or body?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 08:28 AM
Lbitt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap chassis or body?

I rolled my 02 ram 1500 4x4 quad cab pu. I had just got done completely going tru the truck. New computers rack tranny everything. Then i rolled it at 5mph twice. It bent every thing on the body but didnt hurt the drivetrain or chassis at all. It has the torshen bar suspension floor shift 4x4 ect. I cant find another 1500 the same year close enough or cheap enough. I have found an 02 1500 that has the same stuff but its a 4.7. Im tired of looking for a nice un rusted out truck same year ect. Here in missouri where almost everything is rust buckets. I have found a nice truck with same stuff on it except its a 4.7 engine. I dont like the 4.7 and my 360 is new or rebuilt and my transfer case has been gone tru and a new tranny. Should I unplug the cab and set that body on my chassis or should i and can i just put my drive train into the 4.7 truck and what would be involved?

Old 05-01-2024, 03:48 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,211 Likes on 2,962 Posts

Either way would likely work, just need to keep the computer, and wiring harness of your 360 as well. I think it would be a fair amount of work either way.... but, I would be more inclined to set the good body on your running gear.... Swap the PCM and wiring harness while its off the frame.

Quick Reply: Swap chassis or body?