2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Brake hose lock lose on rear brake line

Search this Thread

Old Today, 06:33 PM
wizard6733
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake hose lock lose on rear brake line

I have a 2003 Dakota with the 3.9L 2WD regular cab with rear drum brakes and last weekend I found a clip on the back drivers side brake line lose and just spinning around. According to one of the mopar sites, its called a Brake Hose Lock #2208893 (Unless Im Wrong). Its doesnt look like its going to fall off on its own and I have no idea how long its been this way but I seen it when I changed my diff fluid last weekend. The clip doesnt look broke (unless its sprung). I can get the clip from rockauto for like $6 but it almost looks like I could use a pair of pliers and push it back into place but I wanted to check on here before I did that to see what others have to say. I wonder if it isnt upside down maybe? Im including a couple pics and a video link to a youtube video showing it up close.

Thanks everyone

heres the video link

Last edited by wizard6733; Today at 06:36 PM.
Old Today, 06:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,339 Likes on 3,081 Posts

That's upside down. Turn that feller over, and it should lock into place.

The following users liked this post:
wizard6733 (Today)
Old Today, 08:06 PM
wizard6733
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That's upside down. Turn that feller over, and it should lock into place.
I wondered if it was upside down but I couldnt find a decent pic or video online about it. I think the rear brake lines had been replaced before I got it cause the rubber hoses going to the drums look pretty good and the metal lines going to the hoses and along the axle are black and I dont think they had black from the factory....Thanks

Quick Reply: Brake hose lock lose on rear brake line