Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 04:25 PM
jason2922
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still need to check on the FM thing, but as of right now...

My main - LOW's will only stay on when I turn them on 3x...

Like the ballast needs more time to warm up before staying on...

Kind of sucks, cause what good is the Auto on if I need to reset them 3x...

I'm not sure if I got the cancellers or the wire relay... I was sent a wire harness with a built in module, connections are good and wired correctly... still having a prob with 3x warm up...

Overall, I love the look and color (8K). The product seems solid and is plug and play, didn't have to shave/cut or rewire anything.

Last edited by jason2922; 12-22-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:04 PM
jason2922
Veteran

Does anyone know if the dual headlights need the capacitor/canceller? I think I was sent the relay by accident, once I removed/uninstalled it - the lights seemed to work better, but not 100%. I still have trouble with the lights if the truck is running, when it's off, they come on fine with proper color. When the truck is on, they may come on, may not, if they do, color of the two are different. The auto on feature will not work either. Just curious? I already sent Michelle a message about this, but I wanted to see if anyone here knew for sure.

thx.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:16 PM
jball
Professional

Originally Posted by jason2922
Does anyone know if the dual headlights need the capacitor/canceller? I think I was sent the relay by accident, once I removed/uninstalled it - the lights seemed to work better, but not 100%. I still have trouble with the lights if the truck is running, when it's off, they come on fine with proper color. When the truck is on, they may come on, may not, if they do, color of the two are different. The auto on feature will not work either. Just curious? I already sent Michelle a message about this, but I wanted to see if anyone here knew for sure.

thx.
Tried to install mine today - didn't work. I didnt try to turn them on 3x to see if that helped. I more or less got frustrated and took them back out. They'd come on for a second then go back off. I have the dual headlight setup (not the quad lights). Update when you find anything out.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:04 AM
jason2922
Veteran

as of right now, quick fix: do not use the relay they gave you and hook everything up as it would normally be. try turning on your headlights before you start the truck, if they come on normally, then that's what you'll have to do to have them operate normally. Pretty much have to turn your lights on before you start the truck and it will be good to go. like I said, it's just a quick fix. i'm still working with Michelle to get a new relay, but i don't think that's the cause. maybe we (dual lights) need cancellers too?

Old 12-23-2009, 02:56 AM
jason2922
Veteran

Customer support (Michelle) is awesome, worked out all my issues. I will give ya'll an update in two weeks when the replacement items arrive/installed. I did check the FM radio, no issues, clear and strong.

H13 (dual) lights, requires the relay and not the capacitors. I might have a bad one, should be getting a new one with my bulbs (which I ordered the wrong ones) for my fogs. My fault though, didn't think of checking my owners manual until now. No biggie.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:02 AM
jason2922
Veteran

Originally Posted by jball
Tried to install mine today - didn't work. I didnt try to turn them on 3x to see if that helped. I more or less got frustrated and took them back out. They'd come on for a second then go back off. I have the dual headlight setup (not the quad lights). Update when you find anything out.
if they didn't turn on at all, then you might have had the polarity wrong. all you do is turn the plug to the ballast the other way. but from what you described, it sounds like what it did to me with the relay installed and the truck was running. if you want, you can PM me your number and I'll call you and go over it if you have questions.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:04 AM
jball
Professional

I tried flipping the polarity - also traced my wiring to make sure I wired it correctly... there is no real way to mess it up. I never tried with the truck running or repeating 3x... it should just work - I'll look into it more today.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:21 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

HI Jared,

I sent you the relay installation diagram, let me know if you got it. We'll definitely get this to work for you since it has for others. Thanks~

michelle

I tried flipping the polarity - also traced my wiring to make sure I wired it correctly... there is no real way to mess it up. I never tried with the truck running or repeating 3x... it should just work - I'll look into it more today.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:21 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

BUMP for CHRISTMAS & NEW YEARS SPECIAL!!!

NOTE:
We are closed from Dec 24-27th &
Jan 1-3 , All orders placed within these dates will be packaged and shipped within the next 1-2 business days. Thank you!!!!

Shipping Reminder:

All orders placed before 3pm PST yesterday have been shipped.

All Kits are shipped Priority mail 3-4 business days (give or take 1-2 days due to holiday delays)

All bulbs and accessories (non kit orders) are shipped First Class Mail which takes about 4-7 business days (give or take 1-2 days due to holiday delays)

Due to increasing number of HID inquiries, please allow me 24-48 hrs (excluding weekends and holidays) to respond to your PM, thread replies or Email. Thank you very much!

Ordering Instructions:

1.) Go to this link to check on bulb type
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

2.) Then go to www.hidextra.com and choose the (BULB TYPE AND COLOR)

3.) Use Express checkout

4.) Input coupon code: xmasspecial-m to get $21 off the kit price

5.) IF you are purchasing more than one kit, please do SEPARATE transactions for EACH kit in order to get discount on all kits.

Any questions, please email me @ info@hidextra.com as I will not be available by phone for the Christmas holidays. Thanks!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL of you HIDeXtra.com FANS! *LOL*

Michelle

Old 12-23-2009, 06:15 PM
jason2922
Veteran

I hope I just had a bad relay, cause mine worked with the truck off installed, but once i started the truck, the lights would not work at all. It just flashed on and turned right off. Once the truck was off, they worked fine...???

I mailed my relay and wrong fog lights back today, should find something out in two weeks when I get my items back and installed. i pray taking everything apart again and putting the new relay in does the job.

I'm going to email Michelle and see if they can send the new relay and a capacitor just in case the relay doesn't work???

Quick Reply: HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members