Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:04 PM
RoadRashRon
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

The TPMS problem is from the fog lights. It was just checked by the dealer and there is no problem with the TPMS system. When the fog lights are off the TPMS reads all 4 tires properly and the message clears from the EVIC.... Im contacting HIDEXTRA to see what they will do about the problem...

Old 03-17-2011, 01:17 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hi RoadRashRon, your issue will be addressed via email by this afternoon. Thanks for your patience!

Old 03-17-2011, 05:53 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HIDExtra:

Any help or suggestions to deal with the headlight condensation issue? That seems like a pretty significant problem.

Thanks,
Rob

Old 03-18-2011, 12:40 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hi Rob,
The bulbs should have a rubber grommet on the wire, which should plug the hole you drill completely and avoid condensation. Did you use the grommet to plug the hole?

Old 03-18-2011, 03:19 PM
RoadRashRon
Amateur

What I found was once the condensation is in the light it can not get out. Last night I took my lights out, turned them on for about an hour hi and low beams to heat the housing. I placed some silica packets (the moisture absorbing thigns in shoe boxes) in the light housing and left both caps off during the hour. It was about 50-55 degrees and clear. After an hour or so I put the caps back on and reinstalled the lights with the silica packs still inside. Any condensation that was in there after the hour was gone this morning so I'm hoping the silica does the trick. On a side note, now my fogs are starting to get condensation...

Old 03-18-2011, 10:45 PM
MrCrash
Veteran

Can you clarify something for me? On your site, it says "Our HIDeXtra line of HID lighting products are all covered by a one-year limited warranty against manufacturer defects, in which a manufacturer-defective part, in the kit and within the warranty period will be replaced at no additional charge.". I just finally had both time and good enough weather here to be crawling under my truck and sent in my RMA request with a picture, and received a note back asking me to pay a $5 fee. I'm not gonna make a big stink over $5, but I was lead to believe that there would be no cost to get the bulb replaced. Just curious which it is, and wanted to bring it up in case your website and documentation needed further updating.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:17 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hi MrCrash, you should not have to pay for $5.00 to replace your bulb. We will review our policy and make any necessary changes. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:24 PM
MrCrash
Veteran

Thanks for the clarification. Please let them know to process my RMA.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:40 AM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hidextra.com
Hi Rob,
The bulbs should have a rubber grommet on the wire, which should plug the hole you drill completely and avoid condensation. Did you use the grommet to plug the hole?
If there was one on the wiring harness I would have used it. But it's been 9 months since I installed them so I can't remember for sure at this point. I definitely would not have left it off if it was there. Once we get some warm weather and get rid of the snow around here I'll pull the front end apart again to dry the headlight out and I'll be able to confirm at that point.

Thanks,
Rob

Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 AM
milkman1371
Professional

I sent an email about my kit. It is completely out now. I have NO HEADLIGHTS and it appears, NO SUPPORT.

jimyurek @comcast.net is my current email address

My old email used to be jyurek@consolidated.net

Quick Reply: HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members