Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:34 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi milkman1371, which email address did you send it to? It should be info@hidextra.com. In any case, our team just forwarded some information to get the warranty going. Thanks.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:39 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, so to wrap up my situation...

Regarding the condensation in the headlight:

When I removed the headlight assembly to check things I found the HIDExtra rubber boot had become partially unplugged from the dust cover and that's what allowed the water to get in. Later, I realized how easily these things come unplugged when you are re-installing the headlight assembly due to the softness of the rubber and the slightly imperfect fit due to the ridges on the dust cover. Either that's what happened to me originally or it just wiggled loose over time. In any event, I drained the water out of the headlight and ran a hair dryer into the back openings (with most bulbs removed) for a while. Eventually it was totally dried out. Crossing fingers to hope it does not re-occur.

Regarding HIDExtra customer service:

One of my bulbs started going bad (NOT the one with condensation, the other side). It turned a much more yellow color than it was originally. When I sent pics to HIDExtra they very quickly sent me a warranty replacement, totally free of charge (no shipping). I then had a shipping/packaging issue with the replacement (partially due to packaging and partially due to just bad luck). They again promptly sent out another replacement. Working with them for the warranty situation was very smooth and easy.

Thanks,
Rob

Old 04-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Talon_66
Professional

Id be willing to purchase from HIDExtra, as soon as they give a reasonable shipping quote to Canada.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:35 PM
bosssman
Amateur

Hello,

I bought 3-4 kits from you for friends last year and they all work great - no complaints

Now I referred 2 other friends, 1 with a WRX and one with a Mazda 3....the WRX no issues but the Mazda 3 different thing.

He's been in my garage 4 times over the last 2 days...he had to buy fuses because he was popping them left right and center...Well today we popped the hood of that car and I'm surprised the ballast didnt catch fire...the smell under that hood was disgusting.

I gave him one of my spare ballasts and he sent you an email hoping to have the ballast replaced as it hasnt even been 2 weeks since he's had the kit.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:12 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hi bosssman, thanks for your referrals. If you can let me know your friend's email address, I can look up the status to see where we are at. We should be able to respond by the end of today, if not already.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:24 PM
bosssman
Amateur
Old 04-09-2011, 01:23 PM
bosssman
Amateur

I just installed one of my spare kits on another car and we need some capacitors...are you able to provide me with some ?

HID's are flickering on DRL's

Old 04-11-2011, 03:15 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hi bosssman, we can hook you up. Is the kit from us? Check your PM.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:05 AM
jacruz2
Rookie

Hid - I just purchased a kit online please send any necessary equipment needed to install on a 2009 quad headlight 1500 Hemi Ram. I was unsure if I was able to purchase the new slim matte black kit as that option was not available to my vehicle if this is not true please update my order.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:26 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hi jacruz2, we will include the hardware. Check your PM about the slim. Thanks.

Quick Reply: HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members