This is what my 2000 D manual has looks like it is not connected to the a/c condenser.
(3) Remove hose clamps (Fig. 50) and hoses from
adiator. Disconnect coolant reserve/overflow tank
hose and washer bottle electrical connector and hose.
(4) Remove upper fan shroud mounting screws Lift
upper fan shroud assembly up and out of engine com-
partment (Fig. 52).
(5) Remove front grille. Refer to BODY for proce-
(6) Disconnect transmission oil cooler lines, (if
quipped) (Fig. 53).
(7) Disconnect electric cooling fan motor connector.
(8) Remove radiator upper mounting screws (Fig.
54). Lift radiator upward and away from vehicle. Do
not allow cooling fins of radiator to contact any other
ehicle component. Radiator fin damage could result.
The radiator has two isolator pins on bottom of
both tanks. These fit into alignment holes in radiator
ower support (Fig. 54).
(1) Position isolator pins into alignment holes in
adiator lower support.
(2) Install and tighten radiator mounting bolts to
23 N·m (200 in. lbs.) (Fig. 54).
(3) Install the transmission oil cooler lines, (if
(4) Install front grille.
(5) Connect fan motor electrical connector to har-
(6) Position upper fan shroud onto lower fan
hroud and radiator.
(7) Install retaining screws into shroud.
(8) Install radiator hoses. reconnect coolant
eserve/overflow tank hose.
(9) Connect battery negative cable.