2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Foxwell scanner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 06:09 PM
Michael92
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foxwell scanner?

Anybody ever used one of these for there truck?
http://m.foxwelltool.com/wholesale/nt510-multi-system-scanner-with-one-fre-car-brand-software-and-obd.html

I need it for transmission pressures, programming a fob, running sensors tests. But i don't know for sure if it does all of that with our trucks. Says it does programming, adaptation and actuation....
Hope this is in the rite section by the way..

Old 04-11-2018, 10:45 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 301 Likes on 284 Posts

Might work well for '96 and up OBD-2 trucks, but not likely on pre '96 trucks. I think it would be best to consult the manufacturer of the unit with those types of questions to ensure that you get what you are paying for.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:18 AM
Michael92
Rookie

Thanks bud. I've messaged the company and all the little people that sell them on eBay and Amazon. They all told me it just reads and clears dtc. Witch is pricey just for that. The company told me it doesn't work with 24v trucks. Lol I told them to forget about it. So I wouldn't actually find out till I got it..

Old 04-12-2018, 11:55 PM
Shadow_Death
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use this:
Amazon Amazon

And this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.prowl.torque

Best 26 bucks I've ever spent on my vehicles.

I can check sensors by using the graph feature this one was my old TPS before replacing it. I had it set to update the graph every time the sensor polled.

My truck doesn't have a Tach so I've used this to check shifting and engine rpm sometimes. https://i.imgur.com/IuUI7gp.jpg

It does require a bluetooth device to connect to it. Mine came with a small cd with some software on it but I don't have a laptop so I just use my phone. It does scan for OBDII codes as well. Mostly I use it to check on sensors when something is off.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:26 PM
NCC74656
Rookie

this is the tool i use and it does everything i have ever needed in a vehicle. https://www.vehicleservicepros.com/i...ics-ethos-edge

i got mine for about a 30% discount as it was used

Old 04-24-2018, 02:55 PM
Michael92
Rookie

Thanks guys. I may try the Bluetooth. I'd like to get tranny pressures also though, possibly keyless entry. So I'll more then likely get a snap on, so I know it's good quality and hopefully do what I want.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:51 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael92
Thanks guys. I may try the Bluetooth. I'd like to get tranny pressures also though, possibly keyless entry. So I'll more then likely get a snap on, so I know it's good quality and hopefully do what I want.
I have a Snap on in my garage compete junk and overpriced. There is a site that compared them with others they are "cheap Chinese" and snap on got beat just go on YouTube and type in "Snap on scanner review." But tools I have are the DRB Chrysler tool an the new WiFi Chrysler tool.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:22 AM
Michael92
Rookie

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
I have a Snap on in my garage compete junk and overpriced. There is a site that compared them with others they are "cheap Chinese" and snap on got beat just go on YouTube and type in "Snap on scanner review." But tools I have are the DRB Chrysler tool an the new WiFi Chrysler tool.
Ill take a gander at that Mopar, thanks bud. And them drbs are to freaking rich for my blood. What about that wifi tool?

Old 04-25-2018, 11:47 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael92
Ill take a gander at that Mopar, thanks bud. And them drbs are to freaking rich for my blood. What about that wifi tool?
DRB scanners went down a lot since Chrysler no longer uses them they went to this WiFi tool. Basically it's like that Bluetooth one mentioned. You just shop around now the WiFi one does need a laptop, but if you find a cheap DRB too that's all you need. A brand new snap on scanner is $30,000 and up. Do some research because I know there is an "Chinesium Beans) that beat snap on for under $300. If you have any other questions just ask land I'll answer

Old 05-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Michael92
Rookie

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
DRB scanners went down a lot since Chrysler no longer uses them they went to this WiFi tool. Basically it's like that Bluetooth one mentioned. You just shop around now the WiFi one does need a laptop, but if you find a cheap DRB too that's all you need. A brand new snap on scanner is $30,000 and up. Do some research because I know there is an "Chinesium Beans) that beat snap on for under $300. If you have any other questions just ask land I'll answer
Late reply but... Haha, 30,000... and up. Sounds about rite. And so far the drb runs around 3 gs. At least what I've found. The only ones I've found that where cheap Chinese where this foxwell nt 510 ($150) a vident ilink 400 ($160) and a icarsoft bc2 for ($150) as well. On eBay.
They all say there the most advanced obd2 readers... blah bla blah bla blalalalalalah. BS.

Quick Reply: Foxwell scanner?