2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Good Black Replacement Headlight For Dodge Ram 1500 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 08:02 PM
dodgefan99
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Could try LMC Truck for the third eye. No clue about the light bar. I don't even have a spare tire.
Whats some stuff you recommend with dodges as far as extending longevity and and do you recommend doing to them to "Spruce" or "Fancy" them up?

Old 07-29-2014, 08:55 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

I think the whole 'spruce up', and 'fancy up' thing is purely personal taste. For me, function is far more important than form. That's why my truck is rather rusty, and has one red door.... but, it sure drives nice.

Big thing I think is maintenance, and taking care of some of the issues the truck came with from the factory. Fixing the plenum, eliminating the check valve in the trans cooler line, (if you have an automatic...) transfer case saver.... maybe upgrading the brakes. (if you don't have dual piston calipers in front already.... but, I think that was an advent of the 2000 model year? Not sure...) If your truck is approaching/over 100K miles, doing the timing chain and gears while dealing with the plenum is a good idea as well.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:20 PM
dodgefan99
Professional

I think the whole 'spruce up', and 'fancy up' thing is purely personal taste. For me, function is far more important than form. That's why my truck is rather rusty, and has one red door.... but, it sure drives nice.

Big thing I think is maintenance, and taking care of some of the issues the truck came with from the factory. Fixing the plenum, eliminating the check valve in the trans cooler line, (if you have an automatic...) transfer case saver.... maybe upgrading the brakes. (if you don't have dual piston calipers in front already.... but, I think that was an advent of the 2000 model year? Not sure...) If your truck is approaching/over 100K miles, doing the timing chain and gears while dealing with the plenum is a good idea as well.

What do you think about adding a in-line fuel filter since those trucks don't have one?

Old 07-29-2014, 09:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

There actually is one.... it's part of the fuel pump module. (pretty much non-serviceable, in that you *can* change it, but, it's about 100 bucks for the filter.....) I don't think it would be a bad idea though. Think I would find a nice spot, where you have a bit of room, and steel fuel line...... and splice in the GM style canister filter, that has flare fittings on both ends. (and you can even get them with a pressure tap, if you don't have one on the fuel rail.)

Old 07-29-2014, 09:38 PM
dodgefan99
Professional

There actually is one.... it's part of the fuel pump module. (pretty much non-serviceable, in that you *can* change it, but, it's about 100 bucks for the filter.....) I don't think it would be a bad idea though. Think I would find a nice spot, where you have a bit of room, and steel fuel line...... and splice in the GM style canister filter, that has flare fittings on both ends. (and you can even get them with a pressure tap, if you don't have one on the fuel rail.)
I've been looking at these:

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performan...43546/10002/-1

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performan...58044/10002/-1

Old 07-30-2014, 10:06 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Second link is for carbed engines. (max 5 PSI)

Seems awful expensive for a redundant system though..... The stock filter apparently does a decent job...... and there are other places you could spend the money.

Quick Reply: Good Black Replacement Headlight For Dodge Ram 1500 Sport