2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

auto to manual?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 12:35 PM
Timothy Watrous
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st of all computers don't have feelings.

2nd the "tcc" code, code 37** says torque converter clutch (tcc) solenoid circuit open or shorted.... which implies that the code comes on when there's ether a short or break in the circuit... so running a wire connecting the circuit would turn code off.

3rd if the pcm expects an rpm drop, ether tell me what code would pop up and how. or post up a programming diagram for the pcm, because i don't know were your getting your information from

Old 02-26-2015, 05:22 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

YOU NEED TO REPLACE YOUR PCM!
Why cant you seen to understand that? You can't just fool it into not trowing codes. It monitors all the inputs and if something is not within the correct parameters or sequence it will throw a code plain and simple.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:23 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Computers do indeed have feelings......

Old 02-26-2015, 06:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Originally Posted by Timothy Watrous
1st of all computers don't have feelings.

2nd the "tcc" code, code 37** says torque converter clutch (tcc) solenoid circuit open or shorted.... which implies that the code comes on when there's ether a short or break in the circuit... so running a wire connecting the circuit would turn code off.

3rd if the pcm expects an rpm drop, ether tell me what code would pop up and how. or post up a programming diagram for the pcm, because i don't know were your getting your information from
1. You will have a hard time convincing me of that..... I've seen too much evidence to the contrary.

2. Correct.

3. Looking at your sig, you have a 94, thus, you are indeed correct. I am unsure if that will set a code outside the two conditions stated. (the OBDII fellers have a code for it.....)

Quick Reply: auto to manual?