2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

adjustable track bar

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:27 PM
hiusmell
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default adjustable track bar

I have a 3" coil spacer on my truck. And because all that it as far as suspension parts I got, my axle was kicked over to the driver side. I think a new track bar would fix that ( correct me if I'm wrong, if I need something else ) But, I was looking online for track bars and I'm seeing adjustable ones for 4"-6" lifts but nothing for 3". any help?

Old 11-01-2011, 09:31 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 11-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://thurenfabrication.com/stocktb.html

Thuren is well known and well respected for the quality of work he does. If you call he will build you anything you want.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The above are good choices as I gave them serious consideration. However, I opted for BD Diesel.

http://www.dieselperformance.com/ind...uct/index/180P

Edit: I also contacted Top Gun Customz. About a month ago that had a 3" one in testing. Give them a call now to see where they are with it.

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/p...s.php?S_ID=199

Another great vendor.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:00 AM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second topgun. Ive got thier 4-8inch adjustable one,and they definitely sell quality products

Old 11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hiusmell
I have a 3" coil spacer on my truck. And because all that it as far as suspension parts I got, my axle was kicked over to the driver side. I think a new track bar would fix that ( correct me if I'm wrong, if I need something else ) But, I was looking online for track bars and I'm seeing adjustable ones for 4"-6" lifts but nothing for 3". any help?
There are also cheaper adjustable track bars. Bunch of people here have had great experience with Moog. I'm pretty sure they will work for you as well.

On all adjustables, take note of the joints they use and way it is "adjustable" (i.e., 1 jam nut, 2 jam nuts, etc.).

With your 3" spacer...iirc that isn't a true 3". Spacers thickness is ratioed. Or maybe only certain companies did that. Point being is to get the right length for that Tbar so maybe you can have a trusted alignment shop measure for you the proper length....? (e.g., centered axle)

Old 11-02-2011, 11:24 AM
8uzzsaw
Professional

I had this issue when I got a 3" Skyjacker Suspension lift. I am getting a FabTech 3"-10" lift adjustable track bar. I was also told that I may need to get some drop brackets for my sway bar or some adjustable sway bar links depending on how things measure out with the new track bar.

As I was told, If the sway bar sits parallell to the ground after the lift you are good. If it is at any slant you have to either get the links or drop brackets to get it back to level. Something to think about anyway.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:42 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,182 Likes on 2,935 Posts

I was always under the impression that doing a lift was to increase ground clearance..... so, dropping parts like the sway bar lower just seemed counter-productive to me. Depending on what your sway bar links look like, leaving it in the stock location, and installing longer links sounds like a much better plan to me.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:51 AM
8uzzsaw
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I was always under the impression that doing a lift was to increase ground clearance..... so, dropping parts like the sway bar lower just seemed counter-productive to me. Depending on what your sway bar links look like, leaving it in the stock location, and installing longer links sounds like a much better plan to me.
Hells yeah Brian! Only difference is $55 for the sway bar drop brackets and over $180 for the adjustable links. :S Which is fine if you have the monies.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:55 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,182 Likes on 2,935 Posts

Originally Posted by 8uzzsaw
Hells yeah Brian! Only difference is $55 for the sway bar drop brackets and over $180 for the adjustable links. :S Which is fine if you have the monies.
Holy Crap! That's outrageous. I think I would start exploring thru the parts bins, to see if there wasn't something longer that I could "make work". I know some of our sway bars have ball joint type dealywingers on one end. (yes, that's a technical term) I would be REAL tempted to just get a union, (not UAW) and some threaded rod of the right caliber, and make my own.....

Quick Reply: adjustable track bar