3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Jack My Ride 6" Lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 11:55 PM
OhSixDakota
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jack My Ride 6" Lift

So, I just sent payment for the 6" 4x4 JMR lift.And i musy say, So far things have been GREAT dealing with Steve at Jack My Ride. I'm a college student, and only work part time, so time and funds are limited. JMR has worked with me $$ wise, and has been awesome with answering questions I have had. Even gave me his cell number so I can text him if needed(I don't have a whole lot of time to talk on phone/email).

As of now I would say his costumer service is fantastic! 10/10!

Hes even sending me the rear lift first so I can install that and only have to do the front as soon as it's finished, which helps me out a ton.

I'll be posting pics, of the lift when it gets here, as well as my truck, before, during the install and after its completed.

*UPDATE*
Okay, so a lot of people have been wanting some detailed reviews of the lift. As well as comments on the installation of the lift. So here goes..

First off, as I have said before the customer service that the people at JMR offered was top notch. They offered so many types of communication to ask questions, I was able to text them if I had any questions. He also kept in contact with me, letting me know the progress on the lift and expected shipping dates, etc.

I received the rear portion of the lift kit first (Rear blocks, U bolts, shocks, parking brake bracket). That was within the first week I paid for it. So shipping was fast. He sent me tracking information when he had shipped out the rest of the lift. They arrived in 2 boxes, both steering knuckles in one box, and everything else in the other. Everything was very well packaged, nothing was just loose in the box.

I went through everything in the box and made sure that it was all there (they include a packing list in the boxes), Then I examined everything, paying special attention to the Diff. drop brackets and cross member drops. The welds on them were very good, and everything was clean cut. I opted out of the powder coating to save some $$$, but the hammered paint finish looks and feels durable.

As for installation, I started out with the rear portion. Took at the most 4 hours for me to do it alone. I did not run in to a single issue while doing the rear part of the lift. Very simple. It may be easier if you have a 2nd person to help align the lift blocks under the leafs on both sides, but not necessary as you can do one side at a time.

Now, the front part of the lift can be a little intimidating, if you have never ripped you're front end completely apart before. But, if you take it one step at a time there is not much that can go wrong. I recommend soaking EVERY nut/bolt that you're going to need to remove with penetrating oil prior to starting the lift. I got everything off with ease, aside form the lower strut bolt in the LCA and all four camber bolts in the LCA's. If you live in a area where they use road salt, be prepared to cut these bolts. Mine would NOT budge, tried everything. Save yourself the time and headache and just cut them. I used a 7" cut off wheel, it took about 2 hours or so. The new bolts cost right around $100 for 4 bolts and 4 nuts from the dealer.

After everything was off, I did the differential drop brackets, they are a pita to get at, but it was not to bad once they were all loose. Keep all the bolts loose until they are all in place, otherwise you will have a hard time lining everything up.

I made the 2 small cuts on the rear cross-member, and then started re assembling everything. Went together smoothly, Adjusted the camber as best I could myself, then took it in for an alignment. Make sure to call around to you're alignment shops before you go in. Some will not even attempt to align lifted trucks.

After everything was done, and aligned. The truck drove BETTER then it did before the lift. I will say that it has to do with all the broken stuff in my front end i replaced (ended up replacing all ball joints, my sway bar ends were blown as well). But I am very happy with it!

Feel free to post any questions you have, or PM me.

Sorry for not having pics to post right now, but ill take some of the finished truck and post them when I get back in town Monday.

Here's the most recent picture I have of my truck:

Only thing done to it so far is a 3" body lift & K&n CAI

When done it will have:
-3" PA body lift
-6" JMR 4x4 lift
-35" BFG KM2's
-4.56 gears

Before
DSCN2217.jpg

After
Photo06131550_2.jpg

Last edited by OhSixDakota; 06-14-2012 at 01:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ajsquintz (05-21-2023)
Old 03-22-2012, 12:24 AM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations, man! Excited to see how this turns out..what are you studying in college?

Old 03-22-2012, 01:04 AM
OhSixDakota
Professional

Thanks, currently going for auto mechanics

Old 03-22-2012, 01:33 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good choice, all of them! Including that mandrel bent roll bar... you made that yourself if I remember correctly?

Did the guys at JMR happen to say if you were the first order or not?

Old 03-22-2012, 05:53 AM
marcsnyder05
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is gonna be sweet. Did you make your roll bar? I've been looking for one I think I'm gonna make one that will work with my BAK flip cover

Old 03-22-2012, 07:37 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Are you going to change your wheels so that the 35s clear, or use adaptor spacers?

Old 03-23-2012, 10:06 AM
mikeg87xx
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had some conversations with the owners of JMR also, I am ordering my 6" lift in November. I also, still am in college and work full time. I like the fact they are friendly, call you back, answer your questions, and from what I've seen, it looks like the offer a stand up product. Once I got my $3k saved up, thats what I am ordering, probably around november.! (Unless I can get a $3000 Visa before november)

Old 03-23-2012, 04:20 PM
OhSixDakota
Professional

Yeah, the roll bar I made. A buddy of mine's Dad owns a fab shop, and has all the stuff needed to bend and weld. Making a front bumper next.

I'm not the first to order, they have had quite a few sales and business is picking up for them from what it sounds like.

I'm using wheel spacers with stock wheels for now. I picked up a set of BFG 35" (315/75/16) Km2's off craigslist for 180 bucks with about 10/32 of tread left, so i'm going to use them until August. After that i'll buy a set of 17" cragar soft 8's and some new tires.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:46 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Originally Posted by OhSixDakota
Yeah, the roll bar I made. A buddy of mine's Dad owns a fab shop, and has all the stuff needed to bend and weld. Making a front bumper next.

I'm not the first to order, they have had quite a few sales and business is picking up for them from what it sounds like.

I'm using wheel spacers with stock wheels for now. I picked up a set of BFG 35" (315/75/16) Km2's off craigslist for 180 bucks with about 10/32 of tread left, so i'm going to use them until August. After that i'll buy a set of 17" cragar soft 8's and some new tires.
If you are interested in selling your factory wheels when that time comes, let me know.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OhSixDakota

With a change to 35" wheels, you'll have a really noticeable loss of power with the OEM gearing in the differentials, what are you planning to cover this issue?

Quick Reply: Jack My Ride 6" Lift