Originally Posted by berndog67
well i had a 4.7L in my 02 ram (im putting in a hemi right now), but i would go first with a 1.superchips power paq, woke mine up alot! 2.then complete dual exhaust, 3.cool or ram air intake, 4.throttle body spacer helps some, some nice e3 plugs are always great, 5.electric fans , 6.180 stat, course you can always grab a 7.procharger or sts turbo systems, great power and somewhat affordable! lol, hope that helps, just to name a few upgrades that i did to mine!
1. Don't get that. Unless you get the 3865, the trans tuning will be like nothing else on the market when it comes out. Already beta testing it.
2. Dual exhaust is fine, but why spend the money. Buy a cut out so you have the free flow when you need it, and quite when you get tired of hearing that noise.
3. Buy a cheap ebay CAI if anything, they all do the same thing unless they are forced CAI
4. Do not buy one of these, they are a 100 dollar paper weight
5.E-fan good for 10 rwhp
6. Good "cheap" mod
7. Good luck finding one
Now that those have been addressed.
2. Cut out or free flowing muffler that still has good back pressure (stay away from Flowmaster) Go with magnaflow, or as previously stated cut out.
4. Gears 4.56, if you are doing gears now might as well do a new LSD while its opened up.
5. Tuner if want Superchips 3865, if you want a lifetime of custom tuning SCT has a 375 dollar deal right now with the tuner
6. 2008 intake manifold swap. This one was way better, redesigned, ported, and all around bigger.
7. 180 T Stat
8. Replace the factory Y pipe, super restrictive.
9.2800 Edge stall convertor
10. EGR delete, which you will be able to do with the tuning on your SCT just buy the EGR block off plate
11. And if cams ever become available again for our trucks them you will already have the custom tuning for life and it will be way less of a hassle.
12. PM me with any more questions.