3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Uconnect and iPhone 3G

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 12:43 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been trying to help another person with same year & radio. I don't do much with the 730, but I have tested with the 430n (I know that doesn't help you) what SW does your radio have? Can you let us know what happens after the dealer updates the radio?
Thanks

Originally Posted by erluisi
I am with Verizon and my 2010 Ram Laramie 1500 5.7 has the Media Center 730N /CD/DVD/HDD/NAV/ Radio and as stated previously, Apple support feels if I have my Radio updated by the dealeer it will take care of the problem I have an appointment next week to get this done and crossing my fingers. Also as stated previously, I had the iPhone 4 and for the 4 months I had it on the old system - A-OK. Downloaded th Ios5 and whole new ball game. 90%+ failure rate after paired with my UConnect!

Old 11-06-2011, 01:21 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The IOs5 update been a very troublesome update.
There are very few Android complaints vs iPhone with bluetooth issuses. Not just with UConnect, but everywhere.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:14 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this, however there are currently and have been issues with the Android SW as well. As an example:
1) Samsung Captivate: Worked great with 2.1, when they came out with 2.2 the phone book would not download.
2) Samsung Transform: worked great with 2.1, now with 2.2.2 it doesn't even connect.
3) HTC EVO 2.2 would not connect to BT, had to wait for 2.3.4 to come out.
You see the problem is that they all rush to bring out the next coolest SW but fail to validate it with bluetooth SW that is currently in the hands free car kits currently only to find out that there are issues. Doesn't matter if it's Applle or Android, before releasing the new SW to the public they should test it on a wide range of vehicles. The issues are on several auto manufacturers as well as BT ear buds, wireless speakers and BT modules that allow you to use cell phones connected to home phones.
You may not experience an issue, however there is a good chance that you will if these companies don't start testing better.

Originally Posted by lxman1
The IOs5 update been a very troublesome update.
There are very few Android complaints vs iPhone with bluetooth issuses. Not just with UConnect, but everywhere.

Quick Reply: Uconnect and iPhone 3G