4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

iPod Integration Cable

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:22 PM
tbagr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod Integration Cable

I know this has been discussed in the past but all of the past threads don't speak my "language".
Here is what I have and what I want to do: I have an 09 Laramie, April / May build date, with uConnect, Nav, the works. I want to hook up my iPod to my head unit and be able to control it from my touch screen. The cable I ordered and received is part #82211263. I, along with my dealer, is thinking this might be the wrong one. In the VERY vague directions, should I say illustrations, for the 09 Ram it shows a module on the passengers side, behind the glove box. Plug this cable in the module, drill 1 1/8" hole in glove box (upper or lower), install grommet, done. Well, needless to say there is no module when I remove my glove box. I have looked up, down, side to side, nuttin'!
Can anyone assist in getting the correct cable (part #) and installation (pics or descriptions of where to plug the darn thing). I can't imagine it being that difficult.
Thanks to all for any useful information.
BTW, 3,600 miles and still love the truck! I find myself taking the long way all the time.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:31 PM
jvcougar
Amateur

Your cable needs to be part number 82211853. It will plug into the back of your radio and then you can route it over to your glove box (Drill and grommet) to plug in your Ipod. This will activate the IPod soft buttons on your radio.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:38 PM
jvcougar
Amateur

Just to confirm, if you have Nav, your radio should have "RER" printed in white letters on the bottom right corner of the face. Cable 82211853 will only work with the RER radio. If you have a REN radio, you'll need to change a module located on the right side of the dash (located just to the right of the lower glove box.)

Old 06-22-2009, 07:39 PM
tbagr

Is the install pretty easy? Must the radio be removed? I am pretty green when it comes to ripping dashes apart to access radio's and such. I hate to pay my dealer $50-$75 / hr or whatever it is to do a job that takes 30 minutes.
Thanks for your QUICK response........ya gotta love dodgeforum.com or any of them for that matter!
Thanks!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:45 PM
jvcougar
Amateur

I've had my dash apart several times in the past. It's not as hard as it seems. Since you have a Laramie, I assume you have bucket seats? I have some written instructions at home, which I'd be happy to post later if nobody's done it already. I'm (obviously by my post count) new to this site.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:47 PM
tbagr

Originally Posted by jvcougar
Just to confirm, if you have Nav, your radio should have "RER" printed in white letters on the bottom right corner of the face. Cable 82211853 will only work with the RER radio. If you have a REN radio, you'll need to change a module located on the right side of the dash (located just to the right of the lower glove box.)
It is an RER, thanks again.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:50 PM
tbagr

Originally Posted by jvcougar
I've had my dash apart several times in the past. It's not as hard as it seems. Since you have a Laramie, I assume you have bucket seats? I have some written instructions at home, which I'd be happy to post later if nobody's done it already. I'm (obviously by my post count) new to this site.
Yes, buckets seats with center console. Written instructions would be great as they will definitely benefit me as well as others........like say my dealer!! Pretty bad when one can obtain information quicker than getting answers from their dealer!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:56 PM
jvcougar
Amateur

Originally Posted by tbagr
Yes, buckets seats with center console. Written instructions would be great as they will definitely benefit me as well as others........like say my dealer!! Pretty bad when one can obtain information quicker than getting answers from their dealer!

I will try and get something up tonight.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:22 AM
jvcougar
Amateur

tbagr....I sent you a PM. I have the backup camera instructions which I can email to you if you'd like. The first 8 steps describe how to remove the center console to access the 4 screws holding the radio in place.

Perhaps someone else could receive them and create a link somewhere.?? I'm not computer literate enough to do this.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:09 PM
kcstunts

Hey guys,

First thread on the forum. I see the part number for the iPod where do I get it from?

thanks...

Quick Reply: iPod Integration Cable