Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2004 Grand Caravan Factory Installed DVD System Will Not Play Copied DVD's... Does anyone know why??

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Out2Late
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Grand Caravan Factory Installed DVD System Will Not Play Copied DVD's... Does anyone know why??

I need some technical assistance, someone who knows their stuff... My question is that my 2004 Grand Caravan SXT came with a factory 6-Disc In Dash CD/DVD Rear Seat Video System with Wireless Headphones (RF); 2nd Row Overhead 7" Video Screen and Video Remote Control. The DVD player plays regular DVD's but WILL NOT play copied DVD's (copied using 321 Studio DVD X Copy software onto DVD-R discs). I get very choppy audio and video playback. Can anyone explain why this is happening??????

Old 07-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Matrix
Rookie
Default RE: 2004 Grand Caravan Factory Installed DVD System Will Not Play Copied DVD's... Does anyone know why??

I'm not sure of the technical terms but the player has to be able to read the copies. I had the same problem in my home player and had to go and buy new units for my house to play the copies. I haven't seen a mobile unit that plays copied DVD's.

Old 07-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2004 Grand Caravan Factory Installed DVD System Will Not Play Copied DVD's... Does anyone know why??

Exactly right... I have the same problem will burned CD's in certain CD players, they can't read it.

~Amanda

Old 07-07-2004, 10:10 PM
SRT 8 guy
Professional

it seems that older dvd players work better for burned dvd's. it prob has something to do with the manufactures of dvd's putting pressure on dvd player manufactures to build their units with some sort of software to block the use of burned dvd's. of course i could be wrong but if i am not this sux[&:] my home player is 2 years old and plays them with no problem but my brother in law bought a 2004 avalanche and its dvd player wont even reconize my dvd's. so it is not a mopar exclusive problem.

Old 08-04-2004, 02:05 AM
KlerricK
Professional

DVD-R is a COMPLETELY different format than a regular DVD. If you want something that will do that, you need to go aftermarket...

Old 08-04-2004, 03:01 AM
JCswm
Veteran

your answer is in the paperwork you got with the van/DVD player
They are NOT made to read copy's of CD's or DVD's..... if you can get them to work, Your LUCKY!!!

Old 10-14-2004, 04:27 AM
millenniumdna
All Star
Default RE: 2004 Grand Caravan Factory Installed DVD System Will Not Play Copied DVD's... Does anyone know w

I have issues playing burned CDs in my stock SRT4 cd-player. I know with DVDs it looks for a region code and if it cant find one it wont play. Those dvd players you see that say play DVD-R and DVD-RW where made to skip the region code check which is why alot of them will play imports also.

Old 10-14-2004, 09:34 AM
drtelco
Professional
Default RE: 2004 Grand Caravan Factory Installed DVD System Will Not Play Copied DVD's... Does anyone know w

If you have available plug in jacks with your system you can use an X-BOX to play copied DVD's.

Old 10-17-2004, 11:30 PM
heR/Truck
All Star

I also burn dvds using that software. They will play in my pioneer in dash dvd player, but not the one in the back of my truck. The dvd player has to have the capabilities to play and read dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, and dvd+rw. I learned all of this when I got my new laptop and had many problems making things work. I also had to replace the dvd player in my house so I could watch them while I am home. Im no expert by any means, but I do know a good bit about this and might be able to answer any other questions you have.

Old 03-26-2005, 07:47 PM
2003eX

I just purchased a 2003 GC eX with the DVD system. However the dealership we purchased it from did not have any manuals for the mini-van. I have ordered the owners manual from Dodge.com. Does the owners manual cover the DVD player? Or is there a separate manual for the DVD system? I'm having a couple of issues.

1) The side buttons on the dvd screen don't respond
2) I can't get the headphones to play the DVD audio. They'll only play the radio audio. While a DVD is playing, pressing mode on the radio controls only cycles between silence and radio(won't even cycle to CD if a cd is in the player).

suggestions?

thanks!

Quick Reply: 2004 Grand Caravan Factory Installed DVD System Will Not Play Copied DVD's... Does anyone know why??